Anthem Spa Junior Suite

mjgep0316

We are on an 8 night trip in early April. We have a D1 on the hump with an excellent balcony. Would you upgrade to a JS GTY for $600? Really like the split bathrooms in the Spa JS, but the balcony appears smaller than what we have. Like the idea of double points and access to CK for dinner, but already have a 5 night dining package...ugh...first world problems! Which would you pick and why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd cancel or reduce the dining package and go with the JS.

Thanks, Bob. That sounds like an interesting option. We have two weeks until our final payment date. I am going to continue to monitor the prices...the upgrade is very tempting right now.

We sailed Anthem in a Spa JS a few weeks ago. It is a really nice cabin with good storage space, layout, and the split bathrooms were really useful. We found the bed to be very hard but the cabin attendant had a fix for that (extra duvet as cushion). Dining in CK (dinner only) is excellent. We went there most nights and food and service were on par with the two specialty restaurants that we paid for (Jamie's and Wonderland). Other than easier check-in there are no other great perks for a Jr suite other than the two points per night. Overall I personally would go for the Spa JS at that price.

We sailed Anthem in a Spa JS a few weeks ago. It is a really nice cabin with good storage space, layout, and the split bathrooms were really useful. We found the bed to be very hard but the cabin attendant had a fix for that (extra duvet as cushion). Dining in CK (dinner only) is excellent. We went there most nights and food and service were on par with the two specialty restaurants that we paid for (Jamie's and Wonderland). Other than easier check-in there are no other great perks for a Jr suite other than the two points per night. Overall I personally would go for the Spa JS at that price.

Great feedback...thanks for your advise.

Thanks, Bob. That sounds like an interesting option. We have two weeks until our final payment date. I am going to continue to monitor the prices...the upgrade is very tempting right now.

I am on the same cruise and final payment was Monday, how is yours 2 weeks away ??:confused:

That is a nice price for a Spa JS upgrade! I had one reserved until I paid in full since the price of a balcony GTY (which I was asigned a D6) was $1200.00 less I "downgraded".

On another note we had a SJS on our 12 nighter last March and we did love it!

I am on the same cruise and final payment was Monday, how is yours 2 weeks away ??:confused:

That is a nice price for a Spa JS upgrade! I had one reserved until I paid in full since the price of a balcony GTY (which I was asigned a D6) was $1200.00 less I "downgraded".

On another note we had a SJS on our 12 nighter last March and we did love it!

I think our final payment is at 75 days instead of 90 since our reservation was made before last March when the change occurred.

I think our final payment is at 75 days instead of 90 since our reservation was made before last March when the change occurred.

Ah Ha! So many changes...Hard to keep up.

We were just on Anthem again in August and am finding myself asking a lot of the same quesions because of all the constant changes :eek:

We are on an 8 night trip in early April. We have a D1 on the hump with an excellent balcony. Would you upgrade to a JS GTY for $600? Really like the split bathrooms in the Spa JS, but the balcony appears smaller than what we have. Like the idea of double points and access to CK for dinner, but already have a 5 night dining package...ugh...first world problems! Which would you pick and why?

I'm on a 7 night the week before - I had originally booked a SB (studio balcony) but noticed that a SJ (spa junior suite) wasn't much more than what I was paying. Called RCI and found that the upgrade was only $342 more - of course I grabbed that one! Going from the 119 square foot studio balcony (with a huge balcony) to the SJ was a no brainer for me - triple points and lots more space!

Edited by Croozin Soozin

Did the guarantee show up just 2 weeks before final payment? We still have suites left for our cruise April 29th. Wondering if those prices will come down.

The GTY popped up about 2-3 months ago. Someone on our roll call gave us a heads-up.