RCI Promotional OBC and trave agent.

We booked a cruise leaving January 22 iin October of 2015 when RCI had a sale with substantial OBC, We used our regular TA who also gave us OBC. I know it doesn't usually show up until day 2. My question is, we called RCI to confirm our onboard credit and they were able to verify the purchased onboard credit from the TA but not the promotional OBC from RCI. They said only our TA could verify it, which we have several emails from the TA stating we have the credit. Is this normal, or should RCI be able to see it already? Am I worried for nothing? I'd just hate to find out on the ship that someone messed up.

We booked a cruise leaving January 22 iin October of 2015 when RCI had a sale with substantial OBC, We used our regular TA who also gave us OBC. I know it doesn't usually show up until day 2. My question is, we called RCI to confirm our onboard credit and they were able to verify the purchased onboard credit from the TA but not the promotional OBC from RCI. They said only our TA could verify it, which we have several emails from the TA stating we have the credit. Is this normal, or should RCI be able to see it already? Am I worried for nothing? I'd just hate to find out on the ship that someone messed up.

What was the promotion/what is RC's OBC for?

We had obc from RCI for booking onboard and also obc from TA gor transferring our reservation to her. When I called RCI they only show theirs. Our TA said her OBC will show up by day 2

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Not sure of the other ships, but I believe they are all the same. I future booked on board the Allure in November and got $50 PP for a balcony and $100 PP for a suite.

I then transferred the balcony to my TA who gave us more OBC, which the TA OBC doesn't show on my RCCL invoice. She was able to put that cabin into an agency group booking and get me a cheaper fare.

I transferred the OS to her, got more OBC, but didn't put it into the agency group as the on board price was better..

Keep in mind the on board OBC can be applied toward the future cruise or can be taken right then. However, you will notice the OBC is probably equal to the deposit. If you apply it and cancel you get your deposit back. If you take it and cancel you will not get your deposit back.

Edited by jamesr3939