Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

Random question, but your pictures of the omelette ("eggs your way") station at the buffet reminded me that I wanted to ask....did you notice if they were making fresh fried eggs to order there? I've always just gotten an omelette there because I thought that was all that you could get. But I have noticed in Carnival ship reviews that their "eggs your way" grill will make fried eggs to order, so I am wondering if NCL was the same? I know NCL has fried eggs on the buffet but would prefer them fresh and cooked to the temp that I prefer if possible. Thanks!

Random question, but your pictures of the omelette ("eggs your way") station at the buffet reminded me that I wanted to ask....did you notice if they were making fresh fried eggs to order there? I've always just gotten an omelette there because I thought that was all that you could get. But I have noticed in Carnival ship reviews that their "eggs your way" grill will make fried eggs to order, so I am wondering if NCL was the same? I know NCL has fried eggs on the buffet but would prefer them fresh and cooked to the temp that I prefer if possible. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone else can help you. :(

Yes, I have done this on several ncl cruises. I would get them to do 2 over hard, break the yolk, eggs for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mikey,

I have been following along with your review. Thank you for doing such a great and thorough job of detailing your cruises. A quick question. We are looking at doing Vista next winter and were curious about the cove balconies (which I think you had on your cruise). How did you like the cove balcony compared to a normal one? It would be about $50pp for us to upgrade to a regular balcony. We have no problem being close to the water rather than higher up, it's just the question of the view in the cove balcony.

Thanks!!

Paul

Leaving on the getaway on sunday..any chance you will be done by then. :) great review...been on this ship before and you are helping to bring back memories.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Forums mobile app

Unlikely, I still have about 700 photos to post. Last night I was having problems posting since cruise critic was working on the forum yesterday, probably still fixing glitches. I started with about 3500 photos destined to be used in this review, on average I been posting about an hour almost every night for the last 48 days. If my calculation are correct I should finish in approximately 10 more days.

Mikey,

I have been following along with your review. Thank you for doing such a great and thorough job of detailing your cruises. A quick question. We are looking at doing Vista next winter and were curious about the cove balconies (which I think you had on your cruise). How did you like the cove balcony compared to a normal one? It would be about $50pp for us to upgrade to a regular balcony. We have no problem being close to the water rather than higher up, it's just the question of the view in the cove balcony.

Thanks!!

Paul

The view is the best part of having a cove balcony. The cove balcony is below the deck four which has the lifeboats and deck 5 which has the outside promenade which surrounds the ship. These two decks partially restrict your view for all of the cabins above except the aft cabins at the very back. I personally would choose the cove balcony over most of the regular balconies even if it was more expensive. The bonus is they are actually cheaper.

Loved it, Carnival used to have a porterhouse steak in their steakhouse restaurant about 4-5 years ago.

Cruising%202016%202565_zpslib809ea.jpg

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Cruising%202016%202567_zpszfhhnvif.jpg

Well that's it for day 3, I was in bed by 8:30 p.m. and Tracy stayed up a bit later reading her e-book.

The view is the best part of having a cove balcony. The cove balcony is below the deck four which has the lifeboats and deck 5 which has the outside promenade which surrounds the ship. These two decks partially restrict your view for all of the cabins above except the aft cabins at the very back. I personally would choose the cove balcony over most of the regular balconies even if it was more expensive. The bonus is they are actually cheaper.

Couldn't agree more! Just off the Vista this weekend and enjoyed my first cove balcony and it was AWESOME! I cruise to see and be near the ocean and the cove balcony fit the bill. Very very private - out in my jammies morning (coffee on the balcony) and evening (star gazing) - and just sitting out during the day very peaceful watching the waves go by (and even had some fishie visitors in Cozumel!).

I also would avoid balconies on deck 6 especially as you look down on the lanai and have everyone walking by and looking up at you - then you need to be aware of where the smoking areas are and the bbq (in case the smells/smoke might bother you?). Loved the cove and would pick it again in a hearbeat! :D

Edited by Froufie

Hey Mike....we're going on the Freedom in a few months and thinking about doing the Vow Renewal while there. Your pictures on the cruise you took on the Freedom look great. Were you happy with the job Carnival did for you and your family? And just out of curiosity, how much was it 7 years ago? It's pretty pricey now! But, I'll spare no expense for my lovely bride.

Loving this review, too. We did the Vista in January. Excellent ship

Thanks!

Bob

Again we were not in a rush to get off the ship, we had a parasailing excursion planned but it wasn't scheduled until 1:45 p.m. So we went to the gym/spa and had breakfast at the Garden Cafe

Mine

Cruising%202016%202586_zpsrkpvhyym.jpg

Tracy's

Cruising%202016%202587_zpsa5lxr1jy.jpg

A little entertainment

Cruising%202016%202588_zpst9ag8rgt.jpg

Cruising%202016%202589_zps2e3xbhzx.jpg

Cruising%202016%202590_zpskvom9sfn.jpg