Laundry on Board?

#eurovirgin

I want to pack light, but this is going to be a 2 week trip. So... how much does laundry cost? We've never sailed with Norwegian before.

I don't know about 2 week sailings, but on the 7 day itineraries you can get a bag of laundry washed for $20 about 4 days in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

If you're on a 14 day cruise you will have to fill a bag specials. The special cost $20 for as much laundry as you can put into one laundry bag. Only one bag per week. You pay by the piece the rest of the time, which is very expensive.

bfd3a688915f86bd4a01aca2b7bd89d4.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

The laundry service is something we do quite often and we like it. BUT the bags are very flimsy so you can't just toss all of your dainties in like a hamper. And they are not that big (the bags, not your dainties).

Very carefully roll up the things you want washed and strategically fill the bag. You will get a bigger bang for your buck.

I will be on a three week cruise in April, so do you think I will be offered the bag special three times? My husband and I are platinum and we each get a free bag, so can that be done on any day?

The laundry ... bags are very flimsy so you can't just toss all of your ...

Here's one of the tip we learned from RS, pass it along & share - bring along one of those hotel laundry bag, the size is usually good as an inside "liner" for the paper bag, or, ask RS for a pillow case, to be used as a "liner" - no duct tape to seal against breakage, etc.

Take an inventory (NCL insist on a count o # of itemized counts) before rolling & stuffing them into bag, fill the bottom corners with panties & socks, to fill up the little "pockets" of space, leave one of the larger but thin/flat item like a T-shirt to use as a folded over flap to help seal the bag. We always manged to do about $120+ worth of clothing wash free as our Platinum perk, if charged by the pieces otherwise. Delicate items - do your own hand wash, hang/drip dry in the shower by using the retractable cord. There's always a small packet of Woolite in our toiletry pouch (or, pickup some laundry sheets instead - TSA friendly :D)

... on a three week cruise ... the bag special three times? can that be done on any day?

One of my BIL/SIL just came back recently from doing 14 days, laundry specials offered twice during their sailing, about a week apart for those paying for it. Platinum is complimentary, so that can be done anytime - best to avoid the same day as the "specials" since the laundry center will be very busy - instructions will be in your stateroom as part of the Welcome packet of info. One should expect the specials be offered once a week, so yes, 3 times for 3 weeks

Alert your RS the night before that you will have a bag (or 2) for the laundry dropoff, so s/he can pick it up and take it down below early - as it can sometimes come back the next afternoon instead of 3 days.

With 2 Platinum members sailing, you get one free bags of laundry done on any day (B2B, seperate itinerary are said to get a free bags on each standalone segment ... nice, as that's 4 bags for 2 weeks) for the duration - need more, do an extra one & take advantage of the $19.95 special after using up the free ones first.

I will be on a three week cruise in April, so do you think I will be offered the bag special three times? My husband and I are platinum and we each get a free bag, so can that be done on any day?

The platinum bag special is ONE per cruise. So you might just each get one bag special. If so, use yours one week, your husband's the 2nd week, and pay for the bag special the third week. That is what we had to do one time on a 21 day cruise. However, another time we were each given a bag special for each week of a 16 day transatlantic cruise. The laundry letter in your Platinum packet will tell you if you get more than one bag each for the cruise.

We have always chosen what day we want the bag special, simply writing Platinum down the charge list but still listing all the clothing.

I don't know if this is a new thing or just a new Haven thing, but the laundry bags were not the flimsy paper ones on my current Breakaway cruise. They are a canvas/plastic like material with a drawstring cord. And they held a lot more than the old paper bags.

I don't know if this is a new thing or just a new Haven thing, but the laundry bags were not the flimsy paper ones on my current Breakaway cruise. They are a canvas/plastic like material with a drawstring cord. And they held a lot more than the old paper bags.

That's what we had. I got 63 items in one of those once! Not bad for $19.95 (me, DH, and 2 kids)

That is good to know because I always brought tape to secure those paper bags. I am sure they would have broke without it. Canvas bags sound much better and probably easier to handle for the laundry staff as well.