Tv show ITV's The Cruise

CruisinFinsUp

Humph - not that exciting to watch and limited in what it shows of the passenger's view of a beautiful ship. Similar themes to last series although no mention of crew homesickness yet

Edited by dides

So I just watched it. It's not riveting entertainment, but it was fun for a few minutes' diversion. What I couldn't understand was the lady whose luggage hadn't arrived and wanted plane tickets home from Santorini if it didn't arrive. :confused:

So I just watched it. It's not riveting entertainment, but it was fun for a few minutes' diversion. What I couldn't understand was the lady whose luggage hadn't arrived and wanted plane tickets home from Santorini if it didn't arrive. :confused:

Something in the luggage?? Something that if she didn't show up with it at the next stop after Santorini would lead to some "sleeping with the fish" action?? Maybe the show will get better......:eek::D;)

Watched the second episode today. It made the first episode look great by comparison. :eek:

I really have to wonder who decides what goes into these shows and exactly who or what is the target audience. It certainly doesn't seem to be cruisers and the show isn't really giving any kind of insight into what it is like to cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

If there was any TV programme designed to put potential passengers off cruising, this programme is it. The customer service staff, look and sound like they at primary school and some of the passengers who think that they are somebody are a disgrace. I am only pleased that my Wife never saw this programme before we took our first cruise in 2012. If she had, we would never have left home

If there was any TV programme designed to put potential passengers off cruising, this programme is it. The customer service staff, look and sound like they at primary school and some of the passengers who think that they are somebody are a disgrace. I am only pleased that my Wife never saw this programme before we took our first cruise in 2012. If she had, we would never have left home

I'm with you. We took our first cruise in 2011 and I only did so as a "yes, Dear" item. I absolutely knew I would hate everything about cruising. (I was soooooooooo wrong but...) Had I viewed this show before cruising it would only have reinforced my negative expectations and my wife might never have convinced me to give cruising a try.

Of course, I would have saved quite a bit of money that way but I would have missed out on something that I discovered I truly love to do.

OMG. Princess, if you are going to give air time to Elite passengers, please try not to give the impression that we all think we are as important as those shown. We are elite, and hope that we never come across like that. IF we ever make the 40 MTP luncheon then that is a bonus. Otherwise just be grateful for some of the other benefits Princess give (love the mini bar and free laundry).