Concierge Class Updates?

akowilm

We will be boarding next week to experience the 'new and improved' concierge class with a dedicated concierge. We have chosen AQ the last few years, but prices this year did not suit our budget. We were able to upgrade to Concierge after they appeared to be slow moving and prices dropped.

Since we are a group of 10, traveling in 5 cabins, we were hoping to present our Concierge of a short request list of specialty dining reservations and one shore excursion, in hopes that it would make our embarkation day a little more relaxed! We had heard good things when the program started, just wondering now that the Caribbean season is in full swing, if others have had good experiences. We will be on the Jan 22 and 29 sailings, Silhouette.

We will be boarding next week to experience the 'new and improved' concierge class with a dedicated concierge. We have chosen AQ the last few years, but prices this year did not suit our budget. We were able to upgrade to Concierge after they appeared to be slow moving and prices dropped.

Since we are a group of 10, traveling in 5 cabins, we were hoping to present our Concierge of a short request list of specialty dining reservations and one shore excursion, in hopes that it would make our embarkation day a little more relaxed! We had heard good things when the program started, just wondering now that the Caribbean season is in full swing, if others have had good experiences. We will be on the Jan 22 and 29 sailings, Silhouette.

I would defintely talk to the CC Concierge to plan your private shore excrusion.

He did these for many guest when we were on the Connie in Spain in July. He usually had a set time everyday in the library when he would have "office hours". We met him when we walked onto the ship at guest relations area.He gave us his card with a phone # on it too. He was very nice and approachable throughout the cruise.

Have a great cruise, and do not forget the CC lunch in the MDR on embarkation day . It is from 11 - 1:30pm and very relaxing.

I would defintely talk to the CC Concierge to plan your private shore excrusion.

He did these for many guest when we were on the Connie in Spain in July. He usually had a set time everyday in the library when he would have "office hours". We met him when we walked onto the ship at guest relations area.He gave us his card with a phone # on it too. He was very nice and approachable throughout the cruise.

Have a great cruise, and do not forget the CC lunch in the MDR on embarkation day . It is from 11 - 1:30pm and very relaxing.

The concierges that we have come in contact with last Feb and last month on the Connie and Eclipse were wonderful! Checked us into our return flights and printed our boarding passes, make great recommendations of places to visit and arrangements when needed (both Caribbean cruises) and one even offered me the use of her personal hair dryer! Have a great trip...and if you can, take advantage of the lunch in the MDR. It's a relaxing way to start off the cruise without having to fight or a seat in the OVC or drag around your hand luggage. We're doing Aqua on our next cruise (first time) so we will definitely miss the luncheon. Hope Blu is worth it.

Thank you both! This is what we were hoping to hear. We wanted to meet with him/her as soon as we board and book our excursion, as it is the next morning and we wanted to use our OBC. Are they fairly visible as we board?

Also, as a group of 10 meeting on the ship, we will be boarding at different times. How will that work for the luncheon. The latest to arrive will be myself and 2 others; we should be boarding at 12:30. Can we join the others already at lunch in the MDR?

Edited by akowilm

Thank you both! This is what we were hoping to hear. We wanted to meet with him/her as soon as we board and book our excursion, as it is the next morning and we wanted to use our OBC. Are they fairly visible as we board?

Also, as a group of 10 meeting on the ship, we will be boarding at different times. How will that work for the luncheon. The latest to arrive will be myself and 2 others; we should be boarding at 12:30. Can we join the others already at lunch in the MDR?

The concierge is supposed to be at the port for embarkation, but I don't remember her being there since I didn't need her for anything. You get in a priority boarding line with concierge class, so maybe you could ask the agent at the desk who will be checking your boarding pass and taking your pictures if the concierge is available to speak with.

As far as sitting together at the embarkation luncheon, ask the maître'd. I suspect it would depend on how far apart you arrive. They'll try to accommodate you is my guess. Also, if you haven't yet found the concierge, you could try asking there too.