D1 and Junior Suite. Voyager Of The Seas

Hoping some of you knowledgable cruisers can help me out. I am looking at booking cruise on Voyager. Have cruised on Voyager couple times before. Last time we had a JS on the hump. Was great. Loved it. Was looking at the prices for cruise and the JS are really expensive at the moment. Was looking at the deck plans and found .... cat: D1 - cabins 1688. 1388. Aft. These cabins look quite big and look like they have a large wrap around type balcony. (Have tried to find sizes for cabin and balcony to compare to standard D1 and JS but not having much luck) on the RCCL deck plans it was saying it's the same size as D1 cabins.

I had picked out a JS deck 9 - hump - 9618. 9318.

So, I guess what I am asking without rambling on too much :p Am I right in thinking that the D1 aft cabins would be similar size to the JS cabins on the hump. I realise there isn't a bath and smaller bathroom etc. The JS is about $800 p/p more expensive. It is a NYE cruise (14 nights) so realise they are more expensive anyway but that is the only time of the year that we can cruise.

Have previously had aft cabins and hump cabins so kind of know few details on locations. Thanks very much for any information or experience if anyone has stayed in these cabins. Fiona.

Edited by tassie cruiser

I create a thread not long ago on aft cabin 1388/1688 not knowing its advantage. In fact, its one of the "leftover" room where no one care about.

I'm very surprise as the price of D1 and junior suite is just 3 to 10 dollar apart (22-May, 29-May and 05-Jun 2017). Under this scenario, who want to book D1, correct?

I create a thread not long ago on aft cabin 1388/1688 not knowing its advantage. In fact, its one of the "leftover" room where no one care about.

I'm very surprise as the price of D1 and junior suite is just 3 to 10 dollar apart (22-May, 29-May and 05-Jun 2017). Under this scenario, who want to book D1, correct?

I'd take the JS anytime for that little upcharge.