Regal Princess Baltic Cruise

islandboundprincess

Baltic Cruise on Regal Princess, July 2017

Boarding in Copenhagen.

Which side is preferred; port or starboard?

Booked aft balcony cabin on Emerald deck but have read negative comments regarding noise from Promanade deck. Thoughts on cabins on Marina deck?? Looking for deluxe balcony cabins.

Thanks for any input.

Linda

No matter port vs. starboard. Some days you face the pier, some days you don't. I hesitate to book Marina deck as it is just under Lido...and depending on where, it can be rather noisy. Riviera is much quieter whether fore or aft. We were on Riviera, port side, in 700's, 500's and 300's. All great.

Boarding in Copenhagen.

Booked aft balcony cabin on Emerald deck but have read negative comments regarding noise from Promanade deck. Thoughts on cabins on Marina deck?? Looking for deluxe balcony cabins.

Thanks for any input.

Linda

We stayed on M505 on the Regal's Baltic cruise. It's a deluxe balcony and a short walk to mid-elevator. We had no noise problem from Lido deck.

Definitely go for the starboard on the Baltic cruise! We were on the Regal last August for the Baltic - it's a great cruise with so many interesting ports - the 2 day St. Petersburg excursion was great...just make sure you have extra batteries for your camera

We will be on the Baltic cruise on the Regal in June. We have reserved a mini-suite on the starboard. This way we will always be on the port side when we approach and leave the port.

that is why we liked the starboard side!

Boarding in Copenhagen.

Thanks for any input.

Linda

We did the Baltic on the Royal, sister ship. Did not feel either side was better. Regarding noise from the Promenade. There is a patio deck both port and starboard outside of the Vista Lounge with some lounge chairs. This area gets limited use in the Baltic, and even if all the lounges are full they are probably passengers just sitting and reading. There is no 360 degree promenade on the Regal. Also on the Royal the starboard side aft patio was a smoking area. Assume it is the same on the Regal.

We were on the Regal, starboard side for our Baltic last summer. I don't seem to recall that being the best side to be on. We had better views up on lido watching from the port side. Leaving out, the best views esp the sail by of Kronborg castle (about 45 min after departure) are from the port side. In Oslo, the port side will be towards the water and starboard is near the fortress hill but honestly you can't see anything but hill and trees. In Warnemunde, the ship will turn around letting you overlook the little town and sail off will be nice. You'll get some city views leaving Tallinn and Helsinki plus some cool islands out of Helsinki. Don't expect views of anything in SPB. Nynahsham was pretty on either side.

Spend as much time in Copenhagen before the cruise that you can. I spent 2 1/2 days and could have easily sued another two. Lots to see and do. Hope to do a TA this Sept but will only be able to arrive 1 1/2 days early. Ay least I can see some of the things I missed the first time :)

I used SPB Tours in several ports and was happy with the choice. Really enjoyed walking around Tallinn on my own

I do not think it matters. We did the Baltic last year MS #C330.

Stayed in Copenhagen for 4 days before the cruise and loved the city, loved the people and lots to see and do.

We also used SPB in some ports and were very satisfied with them.

I recommend a guided excursion in Stockholm, since we had so little time and the HOHO only shuttles you into town or the VASA really early and then goes into their regular schedule.

Have lots of fun!!!! It's a beautiful trip.