MSC Divina Laundry packages

iamirish

I've attached two pages. The first page is the laundry package options they published on the Divina for my December 2016 cruise. I bought the $50 package on the MSC website and it was the same as what was offered onboard. The second page is the form you fill out when you are turning in laundry for cleaning. It is also an à la carte menu if you didn't buy a laundry package or have used up your quota. The package deal is drastically cheaper than à la carte, unless you are only having them clean socks! The prices are also less than what I'm used to paying in hotels. I found that the $50 package was adequate for 11 days. The cleaned laundry was usually back in my room in about 24 hours, and never took as long as the form says (5 pm next day). If you are in the Yacht Club, your butler will fill out the form for you and interact personally with the laundry staff for any special needs. Hope that helps! - Dan

Laundry charges.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Bossa Nova,

The form says "This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Club Members", and I've seen that statement on their website.

I don't remember any Yacht Club laundry benefit.

Are you (or anyone) aware of such?

Thanks,

gary

• 3 weeks later...
I've attached two pages. The first page is the laundry package options they published on the Divina for my December 2016 cruise. I bought the $50 package on the MSC website and it was the same as what was offered onboard. The second page is the form you fill out when you are turning in laundry for cleaning. It is also an à la carte menu if you didn't buy a laundry package or have used up your quota. The package deal is drastically cheaper than à la carte, unless you are only having them clean socks! The prices are also less than what I'm used to paying in hotels. I found that the $50 package was adequate for 11 days. The cleaned laundry was usually back in my room in about 24 hours, and never took as long as the form says (5 pm next day). If you are in the Yacht Club, your butler will fill out the form for you and interact personally with the laundry staff for any special needs. Hope that helps! - Dan

Thank you Dan, this is very helpful! Marie

• 7 months later...
Is it better to pre pay the laundry package or just wait til I get on the ship. I sail YC in November

On Divina no special pricing for us once on board. Someone did mention if you prepay you avoid a service charge that is charged onboard.

Has anyone sent out laundry on Friday or is it best to do it by Thursday

Regular and Regular Package service is collected by 10am and returned before 5pm the next day. An express service can be requested, but I didn't see any information on times or cost.

Has anyone sent out laundry on Friday or is it best to do it by Thursday

Scroll to the first reply on this thread (mine) dated January 15, 2017. The second page of the attachment shows the express service option. My post gives my non-express turnaround experience (always less than 24 hours). This was for MSC Divina in December 2016.

- Dan

Regular and Regular Package service is collected by 10am and returned before 5pm the next day. An express service can be requested, but I didn't see any information on times or cost.

Thanks, now I’m glad I asked this question. I read it too fast and thought it was 5pm the same day.

Scroll to the first reply on this thread (mine) dated January 15, 2017. The second page of the attachment shows the express service option. My post gives my non-express turnaround experience (always less than 24 hours). This was for MSC Divina in December 2016.

- Dan

Thanks, I read it as 5pm the same day not the next day. So I’ll have my last minute cleaning stuff ready buy 10am Thursday.

Thanks, now I’m glad I asked this question. I read it too fast and thought it was 5pm the same day.

5 pm same day laundry service was offered on my Dec 2016 cruise for 50% express upcharge. By the way, I've seen a few recommendations for Downy Wrinkle Release on this forum. I haven't tried it myself but plan to do so on my January cruise.

Has anyone answered your question about using on board credit for laundry service? I'd like to know too. If nobody answers I'll ask my travel agent.

- Dan

I wonder if the express service is a YC thing. It was not on offer in our Fantastica cabin.

0b1cb1648f03c8353953a2ecbe50f764.jpg

Does the laundry package include clean and press or just clean? The info on the laundry package doesn't say pressing. does anyone know?

Thanks!

Scroll to the first reply on this thread (mine) dated January 15, 2017. The second page of the attachment shows the three options: dry clean, wash and ironing, or ironing only. Those were the offerings on MSC Divina in December 2016. I don't know if they've changed.

- Dan