Patters for hawaii on star princess

gbadge

If you see the head waiter Silviu from Romania, he has glasses and people say he looks like Pee Wee Herman, tell him Gordy and Mary said hello and we miss him. If you can get him for head waiter, he is the very best we have ever had. He is on the Star now.

Edited by mellon1

On which nights were the formal nights? Planning my specialty dining around those nights.

Thanks

Here's some info from our Star cruise to Hawaii that ended on 1/19/17:

Formal nights: evening 3, 10 & 14

Production shows: Stardust (3-formal); British Invasion (12-casual); Born to Dance (14-formal)

Time changes: 1 hour back (3rd & 5th night); 1 hour forward (9th & 12th night)

I kept the Patters but would need to learn how to save them to a photos website after scanning them to post the Patters here.

What was the cutoff for the most traveled luncheon?

We made the MTP luncheon (first time after 5 cocktail parties) cutoff which was 370 days (about 350 elite level passengers) and about a third of the passengers were first time Princess passengers.

Because of the number of elite passengers, Lahaina required all passengers going to the dining room for a tender ticket (elite tickets were different). We arrived at 0745 & were immediately given a gold card & directed to the tender.

We made the MTP luncheon (first time after 5 cocktail parties) cutoff which was 370 days (about 350 elite level passengers) and about a third of the passengers were first time Princess passengers.

Good to hear the number was only 370, it's usually much higher.

How was the lunch?

Don't knock the cocktail parties (which I always did in the past). We had one on the Royal that surpassed any luncheon we've ever been to. It was a buffet spread that was fantastic with everything from lamb chops to shrimp with a full array of desserts with a chocolate fountain which hardly anyone touched.

It a good thing the Capt Circle host told us not to eat dinner. :D:D

Good to hear the number was only 370, it's usually much higher.

How was the lunch?

Don't knock the cocktail parties (which I always did in the past). We had one on the Royal that surpassed any luncheon we've ever been to. It was a buffet spread that was fantastic with everything from lamb chops to shrimp with a full array of desserts with a chocolate fountain which hardly anyone touched.

It a good thing the Capt Circle host told us not to eat dinner. :D:D

I was surprised to make the cut on a 15-day cruise because our cocktail parties were on shorter 7-day cruises.

I don't have anything to compare the lunch to but the steak was more tender & tasty than any recent Crown Grill steaks. Appetizer was a mixture of lobster, shrimp, King crab & scallops in papaya; entrées-seabass, tournedos & penne primavera; dessert-banana chocolate mousse.

Your cocktail parties had more food options than any of our cocktail parties which only had a few appetizers & cocktails. I've read posts from those who preferred the party & now can better understand their opinions. I'm grateful to be invited to any MTP event which is a nice bonus during a cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I was surprised to make the cut on a 15-day cruise because our cocktail parties were on shorter 7-day cruises.

I don't have anything to compare the lunch to but the steak was more tender & tasty than any recent Crown Grill steaks. Appetizer was a mixture of lobster, shrimp, King crab & scallops in papaya; entrées-seabass, tournedos & penne primavera; dessert-banana chocolate mousse.

Your cocktail parties had more food options than any of our cocktail parties which had good appetizers & cocktails. I've read posts from those who preferred the party & now can better understand their opinions. I'm grateful to be invited to any MTP event which is a nice bonus during a cruise.

Oh, don't get me wrong most cocktail parties are just cocktail parties with horderves as far as food goes. I normally we prefer the lunch.

In all the lunches were been to there was only one that was only so-so with stuffed chicken as the entree. Still not complaining.

Most have been great.

It's one of the few remaining perks that hasn't been cut back on -yet.

On which nights were the formal nights? Planning my specialty dining around those nights.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first formal night was on the third night. The last formal was the second to last night of the cruise. I can't recall when the 2nd one was, but it was shortly after we visited the islands.

I kept the Patters but would need to learn how to save them to a photos website after scanning them to post the Patters here.

After you've scanned the Patters you can just upload them to a photo sharing site and put a link to them in this thread. I use Flickr, you get 1 TB of free storage with them. After I upload the Patters, I put them into an "Album" on Flickr. You can see some examples below in my signature. I'd love to see your Patters as well.

After you've scanned the Patters you can just upload them to a photo sharing site and put a link to them in this thread. I use Flickr, you get 1 TB of free storage with them. After I upload the Patters, I put them into an "Album" on Flickr. You can see some examples below in my signature. I'd love to see your Patters as well.

Thanks...I'll try to do this soon.

• 1 month later...