Why not just get rid of "Chic Night"?

jsf

Well, I don't care what people wear, but really, can we just get rid of the ugly people?

I watch a lot of PBS and on Downton Abbey, Victoria and other shows where everyone dresses for dinner there's not an ugly one among them. I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, when I started cruising and saw some really finely dressed people who were just plain ugly. Very distasteful. One older, fat "gentleman" (really a kind of gnome-looking slob) kept stealing glances at me, and I thought he was stalking me. I was about to call the manager on him, then realized it was a mirrored wall.

So I picked out another ugly person and reported them.

I love the twist in the story! :D Thanks for making my day with your humor.

Goodness, you must sail a different Celebrity than we do. Upscale environment? Higher quality? Haven't really seen that on =X= in about 15 cruises ago. Still sail them and have no problem with the current situation but you are deluding yourself if you think you are sailing on an upscale line. Mainstream all the way.

My thoughts exactly. The food and atmosphere in the MDR is a far cry from being upscale. I have also compared prices for similar itineraries on other lines and I don't find Celebrity to be more expensive. For us it's a better value because of the drink package and sometimes added perks. We are not in the top tier on any line so we don't get the added perks through those programs. No formal nights is also a plus for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would that be a marked difference from the number of photos they sell on a Formal Night (as was)?

Are people in a mind set to buy or not to buy these irrespective of what they wear? Personally we find the photos ridiculously overpriced and just not the sort photos we like. We much prefer impromptu photos with little time to pose. Each to their own

Probably the same (back to formal) which is the intent I suspect. I don't have a problem with it and we buy the pics. I just feel, if you like it (the pic) go for it. No big drama but my feeling remains the same, it's a sales opportunity primarily (and as a former sales Director - I'd have done exactly the same.)

Goodness, you must sail a different Celebrity than we do. Upscale environment? Higher quality? Haven't really seen that on =X= in about 15 cruises ago. Still sail them and have no problem with the current situation but you are deluding yourself if you think you are sailing on an upscale line. Mainstream all the way.

X is certainly upscale compared to RCC, Carnival and some others, as reflected in the premium price. No, not Oceania, but definitely not mainstream.

If it weren't upscale, people would not pay the premium.

Well, I don't care what people wear, but really, can we just get rid of the ugly people?

I watch a lot of PBS and on Downton Abbey, Victoria and other shows where everyone dresses for dinner there's not an ugly one among them. I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, when I started cruising and saw some really finely dressed people who were just plain ugly. Very distasteful. One older, fat "gentleman" (really a kind of gnome-looking slob) kept stealing glances at me, and I thought he was stalking me. I was about to call the manager on him, then realized it was a mirrored wall.

Aha, so that was your doing.

At last I find out why they seated me all the way back in a corner facing a wall. ;)

Love it.