Mahogany Beach

Jamericannn

On Carnival's website there is an excursion where you can go on the flying chairs and it takes you to the Mahogany Beach. Is this within walking distance? I don't want to do any excursion where I have to go too far there. If this Beach is in walking distance I would walk there instead of doing the flying chair. Grandma and 2 year old daughter will not want to do the flying chairs?

Are there other beaches we could just walk to?

Thanks all. That helped me a lot. I will use the money to buy lunch as someone stated that I would have used for the chairs. It looks like fun but my grandma even though she is in her mid 80s loves to go walking and my daughter who will turn 2 in March freaks out with heights. She screams in elevators. That will be an issue on the cruise.

The walk down to the beach wasn't bad but the walk back after spending a few hours baking in the hot sun and lugging wet towels, etc., was not fun.

I will make sure we all have hats. I always bring my backpack for excursions to make carrying things easier

I wouldn't waste my money going to the beach by the pier. We were there in January of 2016. If you like wall to wall people, overpriced food, broken down loungers and smelly floats then by all means go there.

We stood in a long line to get our clamshell, loungers and floats and then in another long line to return them 15 minutes later. We got out of there as fast as we could and hustled up the hill to get a taxi over to Bananarama where we spent the rest of the day luxuriating on a great beach. They also had good food options at pretty reasonable prices.

We prefer to spend the extra money and go over to the really nice beaches on West Bay.

Just my 2 cents,

Just got back from here on the Freedom, we have been to this beach twice. There were two big carnival ships here last week. t's gorgeous, it's very close and totally free. Don't stand in line thinking you have to pay. Everyone rushes off the ship to be the 1st on the beach, if you wait, have lunch on the ship, then walk to the beach after noon....everyone is gone, maybe they all get frustrated and find another beach! All the clams shells were empty.....we jsed them for fres...there were maybe 20 other people on this HUGE beach with us, not too hot, it was awesome.

Edited by Thunderlyn