Harvest Caye clamshell/snorkel gear rental

2jodirn2

• 1 month later...

Giving this one a bump because I had the same question. I see the beach clamshells pictured at Harvest Caye, but I haven't seen any mention of price or where to book them once on the island. I note that they're not available on the excursions list from My NCL.

We were on the Dawn in November. At that time, there was a hut set up by the beach area for clamshell rentals. At the time, they were $35.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Trish99! Were most of them rented when you visited, or was it pretty easy to get one throughout the day if you wanted one?

Yes 35 for a clamshell. Plenty available. I was on the back row but you can also rent prior to getting off the ship so you can secure a better location. See Shore Ex. Team while on board. They will sell you anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes 35 for a clamshell. Plenty available. I was on the back row but you can also rent prior to getting off the ship so you can secure a better location. See Shore Ex. Team while on board. They will sell you anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know! We should be able to use our Excursion credit for it then if I'm getting it from the shore excursion desk. We didn't see much on Harvest Caye that appealed to us other than lounging at the beach and poolside, so getting the clamshell for free with the (up to) $50 per port credit is perfect!

• Like 1

Good to know! We should be able to use our Excursion credit for it then if I'm getting it from the shore excursion desk. We didn't see much on Harvest Caye that appealed to us other than lounging at the beach and poolside, so getting the clamshell for free with the (up to) $50 per port credit is perfect!

Does the clamshell hold 2 people?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been a long time since this thread was updated at all. Does anyone know if the Clamshells are still readily available or if things have gotten horribly crowded? We are cruising on the Breakaway Nov 25th and we aren't sure what the deal is going to be. Any info would be great!

It's been a long time since this thread was updated at all. Does anyone know if the Clamshells are still readily available or if things have gotten horribly crowded? We are cruising on the Breakaway Nov 25th and we aren't sure what the deal is going to be. Any info would be great!

In general, do not bump old threads. The information is often out of date and confuses people. Start a new thread if you have a question.

Book a clamshell using a touch screen kiosk in public areas. Select ShoreEx, Harvest Caye, Clamshell. Photos of Harvest Caye from last week can be found starting on post #159 on the attached thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2666700&page=8

The beach will start getting crowded around lunch time. Clams are first come first serve. We selected one that had some palm tree shading in addition to the clam.