Any Getaway tips and secrets?

aktravelguru

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know which night the Glow Party is?

Thanks

The Glow party was on Friday night at 10:30. They did give out some glow sticks but not enough for

everyone. I brought my own.

Hi, can someone tell me the difference between Spice H20 and Vibe?? Does it cost money to go to Spice H20? Thanks

Spice H20 is for adults only during the day. It is in the rear of the ship. It does have a bar, does not have a pool or hot tub, it does have a water area that is like a waterfall to cool off. It is free. Vibe is adult only (18 yrs old and older) all the time. It is on deck 17 forward. It has loungers and 5 cabanas. It does not have a pool, it does have two hot tubs. It does have a bar. They only sell a limited amount of wristbands to the Vibe. They also give you pitches of ice water and cold towels and fruit kabobs during the day, they also come by with a spritzers to cool you off :D The Vibe passes are $99.00 per person. Not sure what the cabanas cost. The hot tubs are open from 7:00am-7:00pm (on the flyer they gave us). We were told the hot tubs were open until mid night by a worker. My son and his girlfriend were in them at 9:00pm one night. We did not go to H2O during the day. We had Vibe passes and loved it. We also had Vibe passes on our Breakaway cruise so we were glad to be able to get them again.

If you get to the buffet early, you will have no problem getting seats, later is quite hectic. We ate at Margaritaville for breakfast, was ok, seemed to me to have a longer line, lot less options however. But will do if it's a mad house on 15.

Eat at the Tropicana room, avoid taste or savor the service was horribly slow at those compared to the other MDR option, the exact same menu.

Get up early and watch the sunrise or the sunset, well worth the effort. Drink some coffee on the waterfront, they have coffee, tea and some light food on the waterfront in the morning, you'll be all by yourself there... :)

The elevator call buttons only work for the first group of 4 and the other buttons work for the next group of 4, you'll have to push both sets to get an elevator faster.

D

For a quiet secluded spot, find your way to the Vibe. As you go up the stairs to reach the deck where the Vibe is, look to your right and you will see another staircase. Go up those stairs and you will be on a sun deck with a LOT of chairs and loungers that are almost never used at all. There is a bar right at the bottom of that last staircase. If you tip the barkeep well and let him know where you are (and about how often you need a refill), he will most likely bring you drinks while you are up there. Great place to enjoy some privacy, peace and quiet, and lots of sun!

how much did you tip bartender? tx.

• 6 months later...
NHL Philly fan- Is this area IN the Vibe, or separate from the Vibe? I am going in Nov on the Getaway & debating if getting the Vibe for 2 days at sea for FOUR people is worth it..if we can all sit at this location you are posting here, that may be ideal..how close/ far is the hot tubs? Opinion?

Big Al

The bar is located IN the VIBE as are cushioned lounge chairs. As for the sea day only passes, I do not believe this is an option any longer. If you were looking to get PORT day only passes, these are still offered but on a limited basis. They want us to get the whole cruise package or risk being locked out.

:loudcry:

Hi, can someone tell me the difference between Spice H20 and Vibe?? Does it cost money to go to Spice H20? Thanks

Spice H2O is included in your sailing, while VIBE is an additional charge. Spice is the rear of the ship, with limited food service, a bar and where the outdoor night life is planned by the cruise line. VIBE is a quiet, secluded area for those who purchased access to the zone.

When and where is the meet and greet held? We go on Getaway a week today.................eek!

MEET AND GREET with NCL CREW / OFFICERS is generally mid morning on the first sea day. Whomever organized your M&G should have the time and location already, providing somebody contacted NCL to arrange the meeting. Check your Roll Call for the details, or ask your question there.

Enjoy!!!!

First time NCLers here, boarding the Getaway at the end of March. We plan to get to the ship as early as possible, but will be boarding after all the higher status folks. What are our chances of snagging Vibe passes if we race up first thing after boarding? Also, is Vibe quiet or is music always blaring, and is there much shade available? The photos seem to show lots of sun but not too much cover.

In order of requests:

** If you sign up on day of embarkation, you should not have a problem with VIBE passes. ** Generally you won't hear much of the music and 'noise' in VIBE. Winds or some special events may bleed in now and then, but for the most part cushioned lounges, whirlpool, bar service and quiet ARE on tap. ** They have some umbrellas always set up, but simply ask the bartender if you need more, they will get one set up in minutes.

If you do sign up, my suggestion would be to go to the VIBE area and check it out, maybe they will have someone there to answer any questions.

• 2 months later...
Make sure you go see the Million Dollar Quartet. FANTASTIC!

Also, go to your cruise critic meet and greet. This was the best one we ever had. Besides pastries and juice, servers came around with additional food items and smoothies. The officers come around to each table and hand out their individual cards. This includes the maitre d or assistant from each restaurant. We spoke with the one from cagney's and the night we went there to eat, he sat us at a great table with good sea view and gave us a bottle of wine on the house. Then he remembered that we said we were disappointed that they no longer had the Oreo cheesecake and asked why we didn't call him to tell him we were coming. So he gave us a slip and said to give it to our server at whatever restaurant we were eating in the next night. When we did so in the manhatten room the next night, we had Oreo cheesecake for dessert!

We also spoke with the assistant for the magic dinner show. She told us to give her card when we showed up (which by the way she recommended 45 mins to 1 hour prior to show time to get better seats). So we did, she came out and met us and took us to front row seats. Then told me that she remembered my nut allergy and had a special waitress just for me so I would not get anything that may have come in contact with any nut I am allergic too. And, because she placed us up front, I was picked to participate in one of the tricks!

I was wondering how you get invited to the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet? Is this listed on the daily planners?

I was wondering how you get invited to the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet? Is this listed on the daily planners?

Welcome to the forum, Dano. Go to the Roll Call forum. That is where you will find people who you are sailing with. Simply post, introduce yourself and ask to be included in the Meet and Greet. Pretty much every sailing has someone who is glad to set it up for everyone. Here is the link, look for your ship/sailing date.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Sailed the BA several times and am now looking at the Getaway. I was checking their entertainment link on NCL and cannot find any Broadway show such as the ROA on the BA. Is there none? All that was listed was Burn The Floor?

Million Dollar Quartet also.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if the soda package include iced tea/juice. My kids do not drink soda so I am trying to figure out options. Its particularly a waste if we get drink package which it appears we are leaning against for the additional $1,000 :(

I recall reading somewhere that a cruiser advised the drink package was cheaper at the port. Cannot remember where I read this or if it was for a different cruise line. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

KFamilycruise:

Read more about my last trip on the Getaway here.

Excellent review so helpful! I was able to visualize my DM and I having a blast next year on some of your aforementioned excursions and beverage/dining choices.

All the best,

Edited by THIS IS US!
Did not include original post author

Does anyone know if the soda package include iced tea/juice. My kids do not drink soda so I am trying to figure out options. Its particularly a waste if we get drink package which it appears we are leaning against for the additional $1,000 :(

I recall reading somewhere that a cruiser advised the drink package was cheaper at the port. Cannot remember where I read this or if it was for a different cruise line. Any advice?

From NCL here are free beverages

• Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water