Which ports?

AnnArbor

I have done both itineraries from Galveston, did one similar from Miami.... and LOVE both of them!

I love Cozumel (have been more than a dozen of times prior to cruising)

I love Belize....yes, love it. Love the culture, love the ruins, love the people, love the food, love the islands.

I love Roatan....used to go there, as well as Cozumel, for land vacations before we discovered cruising. Love it, great people, great snorkeling and scuba.

I love Jamaica....have only been there once, did the zipline, had a blast. Can't wait to go back.

I like Grand Cayman....it is a bit too modern and crowded for me, but it is still beautiful and great water activities. Have done scuba and stingrays and turtles there, had a good time.

So....my 2 cents. Both itineraries are GREAT.

If you like exotic, rustic, and adventure.... Roatan & Belize are perfect.

If you like British modern cities with stunning beaches....Grand Cayman is perfect.

Without providing the "why", a bunch of total strangers telling you they like a particular port is pretty useless.

We have been to all of the ports you are considering and enjoy all of them but would give a slight preference to your second option. Belize is a fascinating country and once you get out of the immediate port area is quite beautiful and scenic lots with of options for touring Mayan ruins and cave tubing is a popular and unique opportunity (we have done it twice). For Roatan (Mahogany Bay), we also like to immediately get away from the cruise line built-up area and see the real island. Very hilly with amazing views and the West end beaches have some of the best snorkeling anywhere. We have been to Cozumel numerous times and have still not exhausted the varied options there. Quite nice beaches if that is your thing, good snorkeling (but avoid the Fury Catamaran option through Carnival. Lousy snorkeling spot and more focused on drinking the cheap booze), lots of options for good authentic Mexican food and extremely friendly locals.

While Jamaica is a beautiful country, we are not big fans based on their appalling human rights records. While it does have very good snorkeling and pretty decent beaches, Grand Cayman is a bit of a snore on land. Very flat and commercialized beyond belief.