Dreamworks Parade on Independence?

JLBellaCC

I am seeing some conflicting info regarding this- so CCer's is there a Dreamworks parade on the Indy or is it a no go? If there is not- are there other parades on the ship?

Thank you!

I don't believe there are Dreamworks characters on Indy.

This may not really add much to the conversation but I went on Liberty of the Seas almost two years ago, a Freedom class ship prior to the recent upgrades so it was just like Independence of the Seas is now, and they had the Dreamworks experience. I even got a few pictures of Po on the promenade. Of course this could have easily changed in the time from then to now.

• 6 months later...
Nope. No parades at all on the ship/no dreamworks. Only things that involved the Promenade were the 70's Street Party and just a singer singing on the bridge on Formal night.

Both of our cruises on the Independence had parades the first evening, plus the 70's night (which we love). These cruises were in 2014 however and may have changed.

No Dreamworks though. We had Dreamworks characters on the Freedom in 2012, and will have them this year on the Liberty

Dan

On Indy a couple weeks ago. They had a somewhat cheesy Greek God parade on the first or second night. I can't believe I didn't write it down in my notes. But it was down the promenade. They sang songs, they had all these different characters, some on the bridges, and then everybody walked down the promenade. They had representatives from all the different work teams as well - waitstaff, bartenders, housekeeping, etc... And then as others said, they did a 70's party the one night as well.

On Indy a couple weeks ago. They had a somewhat cheesy Greek God parade on the first or second night. I can't believe I didn't write it down in my notes. But it was down the promenade. They sang songs, they had all these different characters, some on the bridges, and then everybody walked down the promenade. They had representatives from all the different work teams as well - waitstaff, bartenders, housekeeping, etc... And then as others said, they did a 70's party the one night as well.

This is exactly how it's been the two times we were on the Indy (2014), so it sounds like the parade is still happening.

It is kind of a cheesy parade, but still fun.

Dan