Movie theater question on Oasis of Seas

Coolmom50

They use the outdoor aqua theater for the occasional evening movie when there is no aqua show scheduled.

You can bring candy aboard.

Serve? You can buy snacks nearby on the Boardwalk section. I can't recall if they sold popcorn.

$1.95 a very small portion on Grandeur.

When the movie is shown in the indoor theater a small bag of popcorn is sold before the movie begins. You are allowed to bring anything you want to eat or drink into the theater.

The same for the Aqua Theater however I don't remember seeing any popcorn.

You can get a free hot dog on the Boardwalk on the way to the theater. Ought I remember correctly, there's a candy store, too, but I would bring candy on board. It would save money for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What type of movies are typically shown?

Last week they had the 3D version of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children in the main Opal Theater. They also showed Pete's Dragon and Suicide Squad in the aquatheater. There were several other movies that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Last week on the Oasis, 3D versions of Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Trolls were shown in the Opal Theater. Miss Perigrine was on a sea day and the time was around 9:30pm. Trolls was also a sea day and it was 12:30pm.

In the Aqua Theater on those same days they shows a 'family movie' early and a more serious movie later.

The early movie the first time was Pete's Dragon and the late one was Sully.

The other day was Deepwater Horizon then Suicide Squad (all at approx 6 and 9 pm).

Popcorn was $2.50 per little container and in the Opal Theater they also had drinks.

There was no way to find out days in advance what the movies were. I asked many places and they said they don't know until the day of the movie.

If you have kids, they also have a family movie time on sea days at 12:15 and 5:15 in the Adventure Ocean movie theater. They showed movies like Angry Birds, Kung Fu Panda 2, Finding Dory etc and the movies went along with the theme days at Adventure Ocean.

Very cool that they can show 3D movies in the Oasis theater.

On our last cruise (AOS) they were playing the movie Wire on the pool deck, mid day. I got so engrossed in the movie that I didn't notice I was getting sunburned. :(. Note to self, reapply sunscreen before the movie starts.

Edited by princesstori

I saw popcorn being sold at the Sabor Bar for $2.50. Same at the Opal Theater. I don't know if it was sold specifically for the movies but the Opal sold popcorn and drinks at all the main shows. I saw the popcorn for sale at the Sabor Bar several times when I walked by.

There is a candy store on the Boardwalk but you can bring your own on board.

No there is not.