Oasis: reserving entertainment upon boarding?

ConnMom

DH and I have recently booked our first Oasis cruise for next week.

We have reserved most of the entertainment that interests us, but the comedy show has been sold out ever since we booked the cruise. So we are hoping to embark fairly early and make a reservation upon boarding; however, I have seen contradictory posts about where we can do this. If anyone has been on the Oasis recently, can you tell me where tickets for the shows are being distributed on the first day of the cruise? Thank you.

Cheryl

There was a table set up on the Royal Promenade near the Champagne Bar to get reservations. The line was long. You can also do it at Guest Services and maybe on your TV.

We have reserved most of the entertainment that interests us, but the comedy show has been sold out ever since we booked the cruise. So we are hoping to embark fairly early and make a reservation upon boarding; however, I have seen contradictory posts about where we can do this. If anyone has been on the Oasis recently, can you tell me where tickets for the shows are being distributed on the first day of the cruise? Thank you.

Cheryl

Edited by Jen1000

Thank you, Jenn 1000. We will start by looking for table by the champagne bar and will proceed from there. I know there will be lots of fun things to do even if we cannot get into the comedy show, but that was the show my husband was most looking forward to - figures! I am really excited about sailing on this ship.

Cheryl

On our Oasis cruise in Dec. it was set up in 'On Air' near Starbucks. First day, lines at guest services were horrendous. Don't understand why the comedy club room is so small on a ship of that size. We got in line for standby one night, the line wasn't long but we didn't get in. From what I saw people were just pushing in at the front, not worth the hassle.

Thank you, Jenn 1000. We will start by looking for table by the champagne bar and will proceed from there. I know there will be lots of fun things to do even if we cannot get into the comedy show, but that was the show my husband was most looking forward to - figures! I am really excited about sailing on this ship.

Cheryl

To find more fun things that may be happening, check in with your roll call!!;) I posted the link below for you!:cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2320722&page=14

I have a somewhat similar question re: entertainment, as it sounds like we can't really have much luck reserving once on the ship...

I am in midst of reserving tickets online for entertainment for April 9th cruise, but can I not reserve a specific show more than ONCE for the entire week? I seem to be getting an error for reserving tickets for the Oasis of Dreams show, as an example, for more than one night. There are 6 of us in the party.

I have a somewhat similar question re: entertainment, as it sounds like we can't really have much luck reserving once on the ship...

I am in midst of reserving tickets online for entertainment for April 9th cruise, but can I not reserve a specific show more than ONCE for the entire week? I seem to be getting an error for reserving tickets for the Oasis of Dreams show, as an example, for more than one night. There are 6 of us in the party.

I think that is a very good thing. Some people would do that and others would never get to see a show. There is the opportunity to do a walk up on another show.

I think that is a very good thing. Some people would do that and others would never get to see a show. There is the opportunity to do a walk up on another show.

OK. That is fair. So we'll go ahead and reserve once, if we really want to see it again, will try to do a stand-by/walk-up. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything on how to reserve. Thanks!

Right, you can only reserve once for each show. I suggest booking Oasis of Dreams for early in the cruise. It was cancelled multiple times due to rough seas and wind. We did get in on the one day it played because I went to change my reservation once I heard it was again too rough again.

Once you see the small venue size for everything, except the Opal, you will understand why you can only book 1 time for each show. Most venues are the same size as a regular ship but many more passengers. You can get in the standby line. For everything except the comedy club, most of the standby people got in. Because O of D only played 2 times for the entire week it was packed with people standing in the back and on all decks above with vantage points.

Maybe it moves around but we were there January 8 and it was by the Champagne Bar.

On our Oasis cruise in Dec. it was set up in 'On Air' near Starbucks. First day, lines at guest services were horrendous. Don't understand why the comedy club room is so small on a ship of that size. We got in line for standby one night, the line wasn't long but we didn't get in. From what I saw people were just pushing in at the front, not worth the hassle.

I just got off the phone with crown and anchor - nice person, but not helpful. So we will try once we get on the ship; they say they do not give out all their reservations on the website, so we shall see. No worries.

Cheryl

I just got off the phone with crown and anchor - nice person, but not helpful. So we will try once we get on the ship; they say they do not give out all their reservations on the website, so we shall see. No worries.

Cheryl

Try the C&A in Portland, they seem to get it together better than the Miami team

Call them (800) 526-9723

Adjust time to call if you are not on the West Ciast where they are

Cheryl

As soon as you board, head to Entertainment Place.

They will be set up there to make reservations for shows.

My sister surprised us at port, with no reservations and was able to get into all the shows we had reserved. :)

We've been on RCCl:: 25 times. This is the first time on Oasis.Dec 3 2017. I know it's early, but, some info would help.When do I start looking for show tix?, and which sellout first? Anything else that you would consider important We would love to know about. Thanks, Referee Jay and wife Fran

We've been on RCCl:: 25 times. This is the first time on Oasis.Dec 3 2017. I know it's early, but, some info would help.When do I start looking for show tix?, and which sellout first? Anything else that you would consider important We would love to know about. Thanks, Referee Jay and wife Fran

Ours became available at 90 days out and it varies.

When available, you will see it under your reservation, in your cruise planner. :)

They are all great.

Edited by janetz

Comedy show is most likely to fill up. Keep checking your Cruise Planner, no telling when resrervations will open.