Cheers.... Heck yeah its worth it!

Hadiez

It is a legal and liability concern for the 15 cap for Carnival, but it is a smart way to control the atmosphere as well. And it will also help me control the costs! (HA! I bet many of you are thinking to yourselves it will also help me control my fiancee!)

With that being said it just makes sense for us. It seems high only until you get that $2000 bar bill at the end!!!! And the 15 limit is not only worked around all the time, but is a really good measure.

If the 15 drink limit had anything to do with legal liability or controlling the atmosphere then it would apply to people without Cheers as well. Since you can drink as far as your wallet will take you without Cheers, and you can have liquor by the bottle delivered to your room with or without Cheers, I think this notion is busted.

Depended on the bartender. I could order a mixed drink and a water at the same time but I could not order 2 waters without 5 minutes passing. For the most part the bartenders didn't care but the cash register was the issue. A couple of times they would give it to me and just wait to run the card. Seems kind of dumb that I could sit at the bar, drink the bottle of water (it is hot outside in the Caribbean) in front of them and have to wait to get another.

There was one bartender that refused to do water and a mixed drink at one time. He also was giving other people a hard time about giving 1 person with two cards (his and his spouse) 2 drinks even when the spouse was pointed out to be in the whirlpool. (And they can see the picture of each passenger when they swipe the card). I just avoided him the rest of the trip. His loss since we tip out each drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why should the bartender break rules and risk his/her job for a guest ? Rules are in place for a reason.Maybe the person sitting in the hot tub was drunk and the bartender couldn't do his job and evaluate the situation to make sure the person should or shouldn't drink anymore.Also when giving two drinks even if one is a bottled water it needs to be rung in and this shows under the bartenders report through the system.So again they'll risk getting into trouble by not following the rules and there's a paper trail .Just a bartenders thoughts :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app