Cheers.... Heck yeah its worth it!

Hadiez

thanks for the newer menu's with the prices, I think we are moderate drinkers so I do believe this would benefit us!

I know you have to give your sail and ship card and sign every time you get a drink, so the total should say ZERO?? correct?? Or do you have to ask everywhere you go if this is included in the Cheers program?

Your receipt will usually say $0.00, with a line for an optional additional tip. If you're in port though, depending on the port, your receipt may include a small amount of tax on the drink so it wouldn't read zero but would read whatever the tax is. I know this is true for some American ports like San Juan.

Cheers is an amazing thing! Now that they updated the program its even better!

We are going to purchase it for our upcoming 14 night cruise on the Pride, and I plan on at least doubling my moneys worth!

I have found that if you start drinking around 11AM and go to bed at (roughly) midnight, its very manageable to reach the 15 alcoholic drink limit without being too.... inebriated... LOL. throw in a soda or two throughout the day, a few coffees throughout the day, and other various drinks to help stay hydrated and you will blow right on past your "break even" point EASILY...

Thanks. One more question, does Carnival have you sign receipts for each drink? If not, how do you keep track of how many you've had?

Ill be honest, never looked at receipt (will have to look next week haha)...I just ask when I hand them my sail and sign card and they can tell you when they swipe it.

Thank you. I appreciate the quick response. Going on Vista in April and trying to decide whether to get Cheers or not.....I am thinking YES!!

I'm doing it this next cruise. Never have before and probably never will again, but we are going with a big group and I think I'll break even at least. Normally I cruise by myself and wouldn't even consider it then.

This is not a joke, I had a dream last night that I was on a 3 night cruise and I bought cheers. It was the 3rd day of the cruise and I realized I was ordering my first drink. Maybe it was a nightmare.... (no joke, those are specifics I remember from that dream lol)

Question? How do they know it's you using the card for a drink? Could you send someone else up to the bar to get one for you? How do they know its been 5 min between drinks?

Thanks

The computer keeps track of your sign and sail card. They scan it every time. Their screen shows your picture and the system then starts the timer

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

Question? How do they know it's you using the card for a drink? Could you send someone else up to the bar to get one for you? How do they know its been 5 min between drinks?

Thanks

No you can't. When they punch in the folio number or scan the card, the picture pops up. No match, no drink. The computer keeps track of the time and locks your account until time is up.

Thanks

I have never had an issue of ordering a drink for my wife using her card, even before her last name was changed to mine.

I have never had an issue of ordering a drink for my wife using her card, even before her last name was changed to mine.

I saw it plenty of times where the bartender turned people away because it wasn't their card. One guy was even arguing that it was their wife's but they wouldn't budge. I can see them maybe doing it if someone spent a lot of time with a particular bartender and "treated them well", but it's not guaranteed. They aren't supposed to.

I'd like to do it on my cruise in April but to be honest, i don't like being told i can only have a certain amount of drinks in one day.

I'm a big drinker (without getting drunk) and on a Sea day, i would comfortably get through 15 drinks in a day

I know some people have said you can pay for drinks after the 15, but i've seen some haven't been allowed. I am not being told i cant have another drink after 15, and I most certainly would not be drunk, loud, aggressive, etc.

Would rather pay as i go in that case. I can understand the 15 drink limit from a financial point of view, but i certainly think you should be able to buy further drinks after that, (assuming you weren't drunk/silly/ etc)

The limit is why my wife and I do not sail on CCL as a beer drinker only 15 is nothing, we sail NCL and X for this reason

As a non-drinker who travels with my sister, who can put away some beers, I find it discriminatory that all adults in the cabin have to purchase the CHEERS package. (Especially as controlled as it is with the scanning of the ship and sail card every time and having your picture come up on screen!) She thought about buying it for both of us...not that she would get to 30 beers a day, but it was a thought! We'll see what her tab comes out to at the end of our 8 day cruise at $5.95 a beer (plus the 15%!) Now if I did still drink...Bailey's in my coffee; mimosas and screwdrivers with brunch; frozen drinks at the pool; cocktails before and after dinner and wine with dinner, it would be a no brainer!!!

As a non-drinker who travels with my sister, who can put away some beers, I find it discriminatory that all adults in the cabin have to purchase the CHEERS package. (Especially as controlled as it is with the scanning of the ship and sail card every time and having your picture come up on screen!) She thought about buying it for both of us...not that she would get to 30 beers a day, but it was a thought! We'll see what her tab comes out to at the end of our 8 day cruise at $5.95 a beer (plus the 15%!) Now if I did still drink...Bailey's in my coffee; mimosas and screwdrivers with brunch; frozen drinks at the pool; cocktails before and after dinner and wine with dinner, it would be a no brainer!!!

I agree,about the both adults have to order the package. Makes no since to me. My sister does not drink either and she would still have to get the drink package with me. No way can I drink 30 of anything in a day.

I agree,about the both adults have to order the package. Makes no since to me. My sister does not drink either and she would still have to get the drink package with me. No way can I drink 30 of anything in a day.

Same here! I have a mild alcohol allergy, and barely ever have more than two drinks in a day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well the frozen drinks are $8.25 before gratuity. I'll just post the most recent menus here. Sorry there's a crease in them. That's what was by my table.

8a6925bb42b7ec99fa85790e115792fe.jpg

2acfd1b43f1e73e1e20e9a22bb2a3a81.jpg

855894cc7926f5fd2c3407cf5c71df0d.jpg

58260ae6ebeda96dec21bef5a23d4ee8.jpg

ceb083a52bb5551e67bbbb60218d543e.jpg

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I think we'll be able to make up our minds now.

It's just a daunting amount on a 14 day for 2...AS IF it isn't as ugly when we get those pages slipped under our door on disembarkation!

Thanks again!

Kelane

Save

Save

I pulled this directly off Carnival's website. Today. Am I missing the milkshakes?

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items