Cheers.... Heck yeah its worth it!

Hadiez

The key to your comment was a moderate drinker. The people who said they would never reach break even are not moderate drinkers. The package is not for non drinkers or someone who just has 1 or 2 drinks a day unless you drink lots of coffee or milkshakes.

We get the cheers package. We haven't come close to the 15 drink limit a day but we do reach the break even number. We like the Alchemy Bar.

Now, that they have enhanced the package, its a bonus to us.

Coffee is way better then the free stuff.

We enjoyed an occasional milk shake. The unlimited soda, bottled water and vitamin water was nice to have also.

I'd like to do it on my cruise in April but to be honest, i don't like being told i can only have a certain amount of drinks in one day.

I'm a big drinker (without getting drunk) and on a Sea day, i would comfortably get through 15 drinks in a day

I know some people have said you can pay for drinks after the 15, but i've seen some haven't been allowed. I am not being told i cant have another drink after 15, and I most certainly would not be drunk, loud, aggressive, etc.

Would rather pay as i go in that case. I can understand the 15 drink limit from a financial point of view, but i certainly think you should be able to buy further drinks after that, (assuming you weren't drunk/silly/ etc)

I'd like to do it on my cruise in April but to be honest, i don't like being told i can only have a certain amount of drinks in one day.

I'm a big drinker (without getting drunk) and on a Sea day, i would comfortably get through 15 drinks in a day

I know some people have said you can pay for drinks after the 15, but i've seen some haven't been allowed. I am not being told i cant have another drink after 15, and I most certainly would not be drunk, loud, aggressive, etc.

Would rather pay as i go in that case. I can understand the 15 drink limit from a financial point of view, but i certainly think you should be able to buy further drinks after that, (assuming you weren't drunk/silly/ etc)

Are you traveling alone or with someone who may not reach the limit? If you are traveling and your travel companion doesn't drink as much , they can purchase you a couple.

It's been reported that if you purchase BEFORE you reach 15 then you are ok!

Have you thought about purchasing a bottle or two for your cabin? If beer drinker you can purchase beer for cabin also.

I just counted up my beverages (98% alcohol, 2% coffee) and used a low cost of $5.00 per drink to calculate what I would have spent on Magic a few weeks ago. $490.00. And I can tell you that I had at minimum, 10 $10.00 cocktails at Alchemy Bar. This is with no wine or cocktails with dinner and 4 port days.

I had it on my last cruise. I think I got my monies worth. It was fun to try drinks I normally would not.

I love getting the Gatorades to take off the ship. I did get a milkshake just because I could. Bottle waters were great to have throughout the day helped with heat and the drinking.

I love not worrying about how much the drink would cost me, how much my bill would be at the end.

I tried it, not sure if I would get it again...depends on if I'm cruising with just adults.

If you are a heavy drinker and or can really hold your liquor then I say purchase it for sure!!!

I have often thought about buying the cheers program. However Carnival's policy is that both adults in the cabin must buy it, and DW does not drink. So for me to break even I would have to drink for two and that would not be a pleasant thing for anyone to witness. ;)

We just recently got off the 13 day Pride Journeys cruise and bought Cheers! We never came close to hitting the limit, but still got our money's worth. We bought it because of the added extras. This was our daily (more or less) breakout (prices are with gratuity):

1 large latte - 4.54

3 bottles of water - 4.31 (the water on the Pride tasted awful - first time I've had a problem with tap water on a Carnival ship)

1 martini before dinner - 12.36

bottle of San Pellegrino with dinner - 5.18

2 glasses of wine with dinner - 22.43

1 after dinner drink - 13.52

Total: $62.34 vs. the $57.44 we spent on Cheers per day

So even though we only had 4 alcoholic drinks, we still came out ahead.

We just recently got off the 13 day Pride Journeys cruise and bought Cheers! We never came close to hitting the limit, but still got our money's worth. We bought it because of the added extras. This was our daily (more or less) breakout (prices are with gratuity):

1 large latte - 4.54

3 bottles of water - 4.31 (the water on the Pride tasted awful - first time I've had a problem with tap water on a Carnival ship)

1 martini before dinner - 12.36

bottle of San Pellegrino with dinner - 5.18

2 glasses of wine with dinner - 22.43

1 after dinner drink - 13.52

Total: $62.34 vs. the $57.44 we spent on Cheers per day

So even though we only had 4 alcoholic drinks, we still came out ahead.

This is pretty much what I anticipate my consumption to be on our upcoming trip. That said, my husband may have 1 alcoholic drink the entire week. We plan to bring soda, buy the bottled water for the room, and bring 2 bottles of wine for me, so there's no way I can justify the cost of the package, as convenient as I think it seems.

We're also cruising to NE/CA, and have 4 port days, so this cruise isn't conducive to lots of drinking, for me at least. If we take the E Carib cruise on the Pride next year (3 sea days plus Freeport, aka, stay on the ship), I may reconsider.

Are you traveling alone or with someone who may not reach the limit? If you are traveling and your travel companion doesn't drink as much , they can purchase you a couple.

It's been reported that if you purchase BEFORE you reach 15 then you are ok!

Have you thought about purchasing a bottle or two for your cabin? If beer drinker you can purchase beer for cabin also.

Yes but surely the beer for the cabin will count towards your 15. Travel companion wont drink the 15 but all seems a bit cloak and dagger for a holiday, cant be bothered sneaking around and switching cards etc.

Not a big problem. May save me a few dollars, certainly on the days at sea, but i cant be worried to stress about it all. May have a think about it. As i say its not a major issue for me, just figuring out the if the "being treated like a schoolboy" factor is worth the $200 or so ill save

IT's been 5 years since our last cruise, but planning on going in September. How about the buckets of beer on the cheers program. Can you purchase a bucket and it count? Does it could then as 4 alcoholic drinks?

No, buckets are not part of the program. 1 drink at a time, under 50 bucks, 5 minutes between each drink and it excludes buckets, souvenir glasses, drinks meant to be shared and maybe a few other restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

for all those who question if the cheers program is worth the money i believe it is. Even for an average drinker now adding milkshakes and coffee it seems to me that its a steal. I always though it was well worth it. Here is a nice chart though showing you how easy it is to break even.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small to read

It may be worth mentioning, since I didn't see it pointed out earlier in this thread, the $57.44/day is the advance purchase price (including the 15% gratuity) whereas the on-board purchase price is is $63.19/day (including the 15% gratuity). Most people probably plan ahead and buy it in advance but some do not.

thanks for the newer menu's with the prices, I think we are moderate drinkers so I do believe this would benefit us!

I know you have to give your sail and ship card and sign every time you get a drink, so the total should say ZERO?? correct?? Or do you have to ask everywhere you go if this is included in the Cheers program?

2 Bailey's and coffee or 2 mimosas or 2 bloody Mary's Breakfast

3 or 4 drinks ( say between 11-4) Port days or 2 when you get back from port

2 Martini's before dinner

1 or 2 drinks or glasses of wine with dinner.

2 or 3 walking around after dinner or at shows

That will more than pay for the Cheers package. You are talking 10-12 drinks over a 10-12 hour time frame.

thanks for the newer menu's with the prices, I think we are moderate drinkers so I do believe this would benefit us!

I know you have to give your sail and ship card and sign every time you get a drink, so the total should say ZERO?? correct?? Or do you have to ask everywhere you go if this is included in the Cheers program?

The total will say $0 on your receipt. :) There will be a line for a tip, and even though gratuity is included in the price of Cheers, we try to find a "regular" bartender for the duration of the cruise and throw an extra $1-2 their way, as long as they're good!