Live from the Royal Princess, Jan 19th-28th

lor74

As I await for my plane to finish boarding, a few thoughts of my Regal vs Royal sailings (keeping in mind that the Regal sailings were 1 & 2 years ago):

Food - better on the Regal...although you would not know it from my waste line. The buffet was a little better, the IC had more daily changes, and the CG was better. Alfredos opened earlier on embarkation day.

Beds: Royal hands down. I do not know if we had newer bedding from the dry dock, but the pillows were comfortable, and I had zero back/neck pain

Stairs: Royal with the central staircase being opened up

Pool: Royal with very warm water compared to the ice bath that we had on both of our Regal sailings

Service: tie...great all around

We had wonderful cruises on both ships and are looking forward to our next Princess cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I await for my plane to finish boarding, a few thoughts of my Regal vs Royal sailings (keeping in mind that the Regal sailings were 1 & 2 years ago):

Food - better on the Regal...although you would not know it from my waste line. The buffet was a little better, the IC had more daily changes, and the CG was better. Alfredos opened earlier on embarkation day.

Beds: Royal hands down. I do not know if we had newer bedding from the dry dock, but the pillows were comfortable, and I had zero back/neck pain

Stairs: Royal with the central staircase being opened up

Pool: Royal with very warm water compared to the ice bath that we had on both of our Regal sailings

Service: tie...great all around

We had wonderful cruises on both ships and are looking forward to our next Princess cruise!!!

Also been on both Royal & Regal and liked them both.

Looking forward too on your next Live Reports.

I enjoyed reading your report!!! We were on the same cruise in a balcony cabin on Marina Deck port side and loved it. We thought the entire 10 days was spectacular! Excursions were all great, food was wonderful, and we actually LOVED Atomic. We both thought their guitarist was incredible.

We were definitely "youngens" on this cruise too, being in our forties. We didn't expect quite so many seniors onboard, but were told this is pretty standard for a longer cruise (it was our first 10 day'er). No complaints - just the observation that there were a LOT of mobility devices onboard (scooters, wheelchairs, etc) and I had my poor toes munched several times over the course of the trip by wheels and elevators were frequently jam packed due to so many devices.

We just got home today and can't wait to go again in November. :)

Thank you so much for your live from the Royal Princess! We are looking forward to our experience on the Royal on the February 28th cruise. Do you have any recommendations for excursions at any of the stops on your cruise or any on board activities that we should not miss? Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for taking us with you! We were supposed to be on this cruise but had to reschedule due to home responsibilities. Our son had surgery and both Grandma's are having medical issues so we thought it better to push it back. It was fun to join you and can't wait to be back on the Royal Princess in March after sailing her January 2016. Thanks again for the great review!

Thank you for this thread and all the pictures. We'll be on Royal Princess on March 10. Different itinerary, but it was good following the experience of your cruise, seeing the daily newsletters, and learning some tips and tricks along the way. This will be our first Princess cruise after 20+ with Royal Caribbean and a couple with Norwegian, so I'm enjoying learning what I can about Royal Princess so I don't feel like a total cruise newbie again.

Thank you SO much for taking us along your journey! I'm sorry you had a run-in with some jelly fish, but glad you are feeling better.

I have this cruise booked for November, but have been really second-guessing based on the short hours it is in certain ports. I typically cruise for the ports and not necessarily for the ship. :)

Look forward to reading the rest!

Awesome live thread! We are leaving on the Royal on the 18th, just got approved to join our daughter, Leigh Cara, the production singer. It is our first time on the Royal, so your review was really helpful, although we are doing the other itinerary (which we have done before, but hey, we can't complain). Just one question, in your photos you show sushi, is that in the IC? Or a separate sushi place? Thanks!

They had the sushi in the back of the buffet area at lunch time.. I saw it twice on our sailing.

I hope your sailing has a younger crowd than ours did...so that if you get to see your daughter perform, the room will have more energy. We felt bad for her on that night....the mainly older folks in the room did not care for the 90s theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We had the pleasure of hearing Leigh Cara on our Feb 8 to Feb 28 sailing. She did a great job during her performance in Vista. I thought she really related to the crowd.

The production shows were very entertaining and well done, but the highlight for us was the Cabaret performance in the Piazza (only on the second leg) the last night of the cruise. The four vocalists were incredible!!

We had the pleasure of hearing Leigh Cara on our Feb 8 to Feb 28 sailing. She did a great job during her performance in Vista. I thought she really related to the crowd.

The production shows were very entertaining and well done, but the highlight for us was the Cabaret performance in the Piazza (only on the second leg) the last night of the cruise. The four vocalists were incredible!!

How nice you got to enjoy a back to back! We were on the second leg and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, proud parents notwithstanding. Christopher had me in tears during Bring Him Home in the Cabaret! All the singers were outstanding and we fell in love with Joey Yates up in Crooners.

How nice you got to enjoy a back to back! We were on the second leg and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, proud parents notwithstanding. Christopher had me in tears during Bring Him Home in the Cabaret! All the singers were outstanding and we fell in love with Joey Yates up in Crooners.

I was on the Royal 1/29-2/8. You have a very talented daughter, and she and Christopher did a fantastic sing of "The Prayer" at the show in the Piazza that featured several singers and musicians. I wholeheartedly agree about his rendition of "Bring Him Home"; however, I didn't share your affection for Joey Yates.

It is supposed to now be $49.95 + 15% = $57.45/day

Are you seeing it higher?

It costs more if you purchase on board. I called Princess and was told the price has gone up on board, but if you pre purchase it is 57.45 a day. I purchased mine on line

Candi