Live from the Royal Princess, Jan 19th-28th

lor74

It was a perfect day in St. Thomas, the sun was shining from the moment we arrived. Having been here too many times to count, we decided to try something new. After having my daily donut and coffee, we hopped on a taxi and went to Coral World/Coki beach. The marine park is small, and probably more interesting if you do one of the experiences. We only bought a general admission ticket and walked around. FYI, the Princess tour includes the semi submarine for $65pp. If you use the $3 coupons that are in the st thomas book that you can get from the information booth, and pay for everything on your own, you will save $16. After seeing the park, we walked to the beach. Ro took the sun while I went swimming/snorkelling. There are a lot of fish, and it was basically the same experience as Megan's bay. I got a margarita for Ro, and the dude on the beach tried to cheat me...I discovered the over charge and got my money back. On the way back I stopped at the Carabina store to get my buddy his annual bottle of scotch. Once on board, we both had lunch and went into the pool. Before sailing away, I joined a group of gentlemen for a couple of games of horse & a free throw completion on the basketball court. It was fun, they were a friendly group of guys! Sitting on the balcony now as we are on our way to Princess Cays. Tonight we will go see Leigh Cara in the Vista lounge, and then have dinner. ☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was a perfect day in St. Thomas, the sun was shining from the moment we arrived. Having been here too many times to count, we decided to try something new. After having my daily donut and coffee, we hopped on a taxi and went to Coral World/Coki beach. The marine park is small, and probably more interesting if you do one of the experiences. We only bought a general admission ticket and walked around. FYI, the Princess tour includes the semi submarine for $65pp. If you use the $3 coupons that are in the st thomas book that you can get from the information booth, and pay for everything on your own, you will save $16.

We'll try this in March. Nice option from previous tours.

On the way back I stopped at the Carabina store to get my buddy his annual bottle of scotch.

Could I just ask if you had any problems taking the Scotch back on board? Have not sailed with Princess for a for years but from what I'm reading recently they seemed to have tightened up their allowances on taking drinks back onboard.

Am really enjoying reading your posts. Can't wait to sail in July.

Could I just ask if you had any problems taking the Scotch back on board? Have not sailed with Princess for a for years but from what I'm reading recently they seemed to have tightened up their allowances on taking drinks back onboard.

Am really enjoying reading your posts. Can't wait to sail in July.

They haven't really changed at distant ports in years. They have a liquor check-in desk when returning on the ship but many people simply walk past the desk & bring it back to their room, especially when it's very busy in late afternoon.

Leigh Cara is a performer from the Princess Production shows. She did a singing/guitar solo act with the band behind her. The theme was 90s female artist...the mainly older crowd was supportive, but it was not their type of music...she did her best. After the show we had dinner and then went to the IC for coffee. Today has been another perfect day at sea. With one day to go, this 2 weeks is up there with the best all around weather we have ever had....without a drop of rain, hopefully tomorrow will remain dry! I woke up early and was enjoying the incredible tennis match. Ro got me my donut & coffee and hurried to the pool. Not wanting to spend the entire morning watching tv, I left the cabin in the 5th set to join her...can't wait for the Nadal/Federer final! She had already finished her set, and I did a very quick 50 in the pool. I ate my breakfast outside while watching the Secret Life of Pets. The afternoon was mostly in and around the pool.

When the lunch service had started, I was waking by and a guy was rolling fresh chocolate truffles in the pastry shop...omg, they are awesome! I tried one and was planning on going back after actually eating lunch. I doubled back after leaving thinking that I should grab some right away to have later on...that was a good move, as there were none left in a very short period of time...my bowl is waiting for me in the room [emoji13]. I went to the IC to get an iced mocha, and they finally had a pecan dessert....yummo, I am doing well with the sweets today!

* on the Regal, the meat was called "lamb kabob" on this ship it is "beef gyros". Whatever animal(s) it actually is [emoji106]🏻

The bottle of scotch that I checked in yesterday has already been dropped of in my room.

I checked my statement and noticed what I thought was a mistake. It turns out that the "free" bottle of wine that I received from my travel agent, only had a value of $20. The bottle that we had was $29. I am not going to make a stink over paying $9 for a bottle, but I do not like that something marked as free was not in reality. Both the TA & Princess should disclose the value and costs up front!

Tonight is the 2nd formal night. We have the CC event at 7:15pm. There is another production show in the theatre, and the Crooners pianist is doing a show in the Vista.

2c74c702086ff85b15f45e3b4e442e8d.jpg

93c9220946385707c6d1f757ef150679.jpg

fef1d7a161ceaa2c9dae30f7a0bbad14.jpg

0eb631cc76d76147930dfe4f0e60bc4d.jpg

0e075751aab45d2cbe7c15eb7008f3b3.jpg

They haven't really changed at distant ports in years. They have a liquor check-in desk when returning on the ship but many people simply walk past the desk & bring it back to their room, especially when it's very busy in late afternoon.

Many people? Or just you? How do you know what everyone has in their bag?

We woke up to another beautiful day! We have been blessed with 2 full weeks of nearly perfect weather, and as a result I can already give a summary of our cruise....the most important aspect is the weather, so we have had a great cruise!

I had a lot of sweets yesterday, and had a sugar hangover this morning...how do you fight a hangover...keep drinking, or in this case keep eating...Ro started me off with a donut & breton! I inhaled them then had a nap at the bottom of the pool 🤤. We both did our laps at the same time. I then left her and jumped on a tender to the beach. I walked to the far left of the island and did some exploring. I decided to find a secluded out of the way spot to do some snorkelling. I made my way into the ocean through a rocky shelf....bad idea...when I eventually put my head under the water, I discovered that every little opening contained a sea urchin...I was wearing water shoes, but WHOA...watch your hands! I quickly and carefully got out of that danger zone and moved closer to civilization. Still far away enough from the swimming zone, I tried again...SCORE, i was within 10ft of a large sea turtle [emoji217]!!! I couldn't keep up with it and it left me behind. When I gave up the hunt trying to find him again, I got some food. There was the usual BBQ, and there was also a wrap truck and s taco truck. After eating I went to the busier side of the bridge and swam with the fishes. I was out there for a while, and tendered back to the ship with a burnt nose [emoji103] [emoji84]. Back in the cabin, the luggage mat is on the bed [emoji24]. Time is running out, better go eat some more! [emoji200]

We woke up to another beautiful day! We have been blessed with 2 full weeks of nearly perfect weather, and as a result I can already give a summary of our cruise....the most important aspect is the weather, so we have had a great cruise!

I guess that is rare cruising at this time of year.

Good to hear of the good times on the Royal Princess. One of our favorite ships and we will be returning to her at the end of February for our 5th voyage on this ship.

Edited by Grego

Shortly after the last post, the captain said that the person is doing ok and has been air lifted to a US hospital

Glad to hear the person is doing ok. We were wondering about that. My husband talked to a lady yesterday who was O negative and donated blood.

Interesting that the only bad weather we encountered was at disembarkation! We are already at the airport, breezing through the crowds at terminal 2 thanks to Mobile Passport. What a wonderful 10 days we had on the Royal

Sorry to all those boarding today in the rain! I had my donut and a little breakfast, and we also breezed our way to the airport...awful Terminal 1...waiting in line to drop our bags.

We had an excellent Princess cruise...withdrawal has already begun...I have a headache [emoji856]

We did not get invited to MTP...which was a couple with over 1500 days!!!

03d2bb41a9a915d1f89c18375599088f.jpg

6f8f532b814a067133aeb1443bca2670.jpg