Priceline rates for Ft. Lauderdale??

39august

Is something going on the weekend of Feb. 10-11? Some hotel websites show no rooms available already. And my $80 3 star bid was declined. Usually get hotels for under $60.

Beginning of President's Week which is one of the busiest weeks of the year for South Florida. You may have trouble getting anything on priceline.

I'd book a backup just in case.

Hotels in Fort Lauderdale aren't going as cheaply as in past years - This winter/spring is especially tough! Yes, many are already sold out in February & March. The extremely popular King Tut exhibit is at the Museum of Art from December 15 to April 23 and has a lot to do with the higher prices and fewer rooms being available, but tourism in general is way up over past years. More people are traveling than at any point since 9/11.

The best thing to do is book a cancellable back up, and keep trying Priceline as the date you need gets closer, but don't get your hopes up for a "deal" this year.

Thanks for all the info. Dang, if I had known about the King Tut exhibit, I would have made plans to see it!! Bummer. I have a reservation with Extended Stay on 17th for $125. Thanks TrentS for your posting about it on another thread. I'll keep trying Priceline until the very last possible minute.

Thanks for all the info. Dang, if I had known about the King Tut exhibit, I would have made plans to see it!! Bummer. I have a reservation with Extended Stay on 17th for $125. Thanks TrentS for your posting about it on another thread. I'll keep trying Priceline until the very last possible minute.

I am also looking for hotel for Feb 10, where did you get the Extended Stay for $125???

Had no luck w/Priceline for the nights of 1/21/06 and 1/22/06. There are at least 5 cruise ships departing on the 22nd and possibly 7. Booked a room at Amerisuites at a guaranteed refundable rate about 2 months ago and glad I did. The prices have sky rocketed! For anyone who may be interested, I just checked Travelocity. They had the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beachfor $123.00 per night both of those nights. However, that was a rate for military, federal employees and Canadian Government employees. It sounds like a good rate if you are in that category. It said they have complimentary shuttle for airport and Port Everglades. It was listed on pretty close to the last pages on Travelocity 151-175. There were 2 properties listed and I only checked the one in Dania. I heard they were building a new one and maybe Trent will know if this is the new one.

Diane

I just obtain the 4*Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for Feb 10 for $125. It was my first try, had been bidding up to $100 for 3* and no luck. Thought if the Amerisuites were going for $125, I would start there for the 4*. I had been checking for months, better bidding and bidding for travel sites. My quest is now over, so I better stop looking at what people are getting it for!

Got LaQuinta Inn/Airport for March 12,2006 for $60.00.

Same here, I booked it both pre-cruise on March 3rd and post-cruise on March 12, 2006. Got it both time through Priceline for $60.00, with tax it comes to about $75.00 per night.

BTW, I have a question regarding the shuttle provided by the LaQuinta Inn. I know that they will pick me up at the FLL airport and I know that they will take me to the port on the day of our cruise but my question is will they pick me up from the port after debarkation and take me back to the hotel?

I know I could call them but I thought I would put this question out here first to see what others have experienced.

Thanks in advance for your help.:rolleyes:

Hello I,m also looking for a room near the airport for post cruise on March 12. What was your strategy for winning on priceline?

Thanks in advance Gary:D

Well, I didn't have a lot of experience with Priceline so I just played around a little bit and eventually bid a 3 star near the airport for $50 and got rejected, eventually I lowered it to a 2 star for $50 and again with no luck. I tried one more time with a 2 star for $60 and BINGO. Did I get the best deal? Not sure. Am I happy with the results? YES!! If I would have booked the same hotel through expedia the cheapest rate available was like $128 a night plus tax.

Since my booking I have read some reviews of the La Quinta Inn in FLL and a lot of people who have stayed there seem to think it is one of the better values available for the budget conscious.

Archived