Adventure of the seas questions

Hello, I am brand new to this (actually I have been reading your wonderful advice and tips for sometime now) this is just the first time I'm posting. My Granddaughter and I are going on a cruise in March on adventure of the seas and I understand that we are not able to secure show tickets until once onboard. Can anyone tell me where on the ship we do this and if it can be done immediately after boarding? I also would love to know which shows are playing and get your opinions on them if anyone has been on this ship recently.

I know on the Oasis we enjoyed breakfast at Johnny Rockets each morning, does Adventure of the seas have this option also?

Thank you so very much for any advice you can give us 😊 It is much appreciated!

Donna

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The only possible show for which you might need tickets would be the ice skating show. All other shows are first come, first served. If they do require tickets for the ice show, you will be notified on board as to their ticket distribution method.

No JR breakfast on Adventure. However, you can get eggs made to order in the Windjammer (buffet).

Edited by clarea

As Bob said the only possible show you may need tickets for the ice show but even we didn't need to get them on our Adventure cruise last year. The other shows in the theater you will have no problem getting a seat.

We were on Adventure last week and there were no tickets given out for the ice show. I went to guest services and asked and they said to just show up. Adventure was great by the way. We had an amazing time. Had no negative experiences. Really liked the food which I had heard so many negatives about.

Linda

Hello, I am brand new to this (actually I have been reading your wonderful advice and tips for sometime now) this is just the first time I'm posting. My Granddaughter and I are going on a cruise in March on adventure of the seas and I understand that we are not able to secure show tickets until once onboard. Can anyone tell me where on the ship we do this and if it can be done immediately after boarding? I also would love to know which shows are playing and get your opinions on them if anyone has been on this ship recently.

I know on the Oasis we enjoyed breakfast at Johnny Rockets each morning, does Adventure of the seas have this option also?

Thank you so very much for any advice you can give us [emoji4] It is much appreciated!

Donna

I'll be boarding Saturday so if you have any other specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to find the answer for you!

We are doing st Maarten, st kitts, st Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados itinerary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your responses. Aubrey I am so excited for you. I would love to hear about any excursions you might do while on this trip. I have been pouring over reviews trying to find the best things to see or do on these amazing islands. Hope you have a great trip

Thanks 🙏 🙂

Donna

Thank you all for your responses. Aubrey I am so excited for you. I would love to hear about any excursions you might do while on this trip. I have been pouring over reviews trying to find the best things to see or do on these amazing islands. Hope you have a great trip

Thanks 🙏 🙂

Donna

What island are you going to?

I'll be boarding Saturday so if you have any other specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to find the answer for you!

I've been watching every review of this ship since November. I'll look forward to what you think, I value all reviews. I believe I have heard the water slides are now open as is the new 2 story miniature golf? Has anyone heard of an opening date for Chops? We like to eat at Chops on our anniversary, I haven't even checked yet to see if its reseverable in May yet.

I've been watching every review of this ship since November. I'll look forward to what you think, I value all reviews. I believe I have heard the water slides are now open as is the new 2 story miniature golf? Has anyone heard of an opening date for Chops? We like to eat at Chops on our anniversary, I haven't even checked yet to see if its reseverable in May yet.

I saw somewhere that it was supposed to be opening sometime in March, but, have no evidence to support that.

We are going to St. Maarten , st Kitts, st. Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados

We used Bernard's tours in St. Maarten. It was a really good tour. In St. Kitts we did a tour with Royston Tours, a very unique tour and so much fun. He took you to parts of the island nobody else does. He has a bus that is falling apart but that is the allure of the tour. In Barbados we went to the Boatyard which is near the pier, just a short taxi ride. One of the prettiest beaches we've been to in a while. St. Lucia and Antigua I can't give much thought to, it's been 17 years since we've been to these two islands. The others are recent within the last 2 years.

Check out the ports of call area on these boards to get more info or of course just google. Here is a link to port of call area.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Edited by Sky616

Hi, we sail on March 11th and doing a b2b and it's on both of our cruise planners. We've booked for both weeks so hopefully it will be open. The option to book showed up about 3 weeks ago.

Mary

According to the RCCL page, Chops will be opening on 25 March. We're going in August, so should definitely be open by then!

Lovinlife, not sure what your stops will be, but when we went a couple of years ago, we booked with Silver Moon Charters in Barbados. They have two boat sizes - we did the smaller 12 passenger catamaran. We have vacationed in the Caribbean numerous times, and always do some kind of snorkeling boat tour. Other than the one time that we chartered a private boat for our family, this was the best tour we've ever taken. HIGHLY recommend it!

If you play golf, Barbados Golf Club is an absolute gem! Also the club restaurant makes an amazing flying fish sandwich. That goes really well with the Banks Beer [emoji482][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Bernard's tours in St. Maarten. It was a really good tour. In St. Kitts we did a tour with Royston Tours, a very unique tour and so much fun. He took you to parts of the island nobody else does. He has a bus that is falling apart but that is the allure of the tour. In Barbados we went to the Boatyard which is near the pier, just a short taxi ride. One of the prettiest beaches we've been to in a while. St. Lucia and Antigua I can't give much thought to, it's been 17 years since we've been to these two islands. The others are recent within the last 2 years.

Check out the ports of call area on these boards to get more info or of course just google. Here is a link to port of call area.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

I also can vouch for Bernard's Tours on St. Maarten.

I also can vouch for Bernard's Tours on St. Maarten.

So glad to hear. We are sailing in a few weeks (Feb 18-25) and we have Bernard's booked for St. Maarten.

We also have Thenford Grey booked for St. Kitts, and Lawrence of Antigua booked for Antigua. TBD for what we're doing in St. Lucia, and Barbados will just be strolling around Bridgetown.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Adventure the week of Jan 14th. Chops is not opened. The slides were opened. The mini golf course was closed for part of our trip. The ice show is first come, first served. You should get there early as there was no organization or lines to get into the show.

hi

I'm planning a trip later this year . could you tell me if they have a comedy show on board and do they have trivia contests. Also could you pass on the drink packages options and costs.

thanks so much

Edited by gribb

FYI, I did book Chops for May 2nd, I'll relate how that went in Mid May when I get back.

hi

I'm planning a trip later this year . could you tell me if they have a comedy show on board and do they have trivia contests. Also could you pass on the drink packages options and costs.

thanks so much

we had 2 comedians onboard, one on the first part, one show on the second part, all really good. They do have lots of trivia contests.

I booked the Deluxe Beverage Package precruise and got the price of 44.00 per person per day before 18% gratuity was added, it was about 360.00 total for one person. The price of the package depends on your sailing, but i think 38-44.00 per person per day before gratuity is typical

we had 2 comedians onboard, one on the first part, one show on the second part, all really good. They do have lots of trivia contests.

I booked the Deluxe Beverage Package precruise and got the price of 44.00 per person per day before 18% gratuity was added, it was about 360.00 total for one person. The price of the package depends on your sailing, but i think 38-44.00 per person per day before gratuity is typical

thank you very much