Fort Lauderdale airport to miami hotel

kayjay76

Holland Limo and GO Airport are two more sources to check.

Depending upon what time of day you arrive some of the FLL based shared shuttles might accommodate your group - check with SAS, QLS & MJS.

4 Ubers at about $40 each are another option. Depending upon how much luggage you might need a mix of UberX and UberXL

Edited by JohninDC

Late morning/early afternoon when they can fill the van with cruisers heading to POM - about $15 per person. Later in the day you will find fewer shared shuttles running and the prices will be higher - up to $30+ per person.

3 plus bags, if you travel light, can squeeze into an UberX - fare for the car from FLL to downtown Miami will be closer to $40 -- taxi on the same run will be about $75-80+tip

We used QLS Transportation this past December. They picked us up at FLL airport and dropped us off at Holiday Inn Port of Miami and I believe it was $24 for two people, BUT I made reservations in advance online. On the way back, we booked with the same company from Port of Miami to FLL airport and it was the same price, but I know when another family booked that day (spoke with the driver and paid him at the pier) it was much more than what we paid ($20 per person one way).

This company called me on my cell and gave updates as to where the shuttle was and how long we'd need to wait and where, which I thought was a nice touch to their customer service.

Anyone have an idea of what these services would cost. We are doing the same and we are three people.

Thanks!

If you are flying into FLL the day before your cruise and sailing out of Miami the next day, I personally would rent a car at FLL , choose any hotel, return the car to MIA the next day and then take the free shuttle supplied by car rental company to the Port of Miami. This is very effective for a smaller group the fits in 1 car. You need to rent from National, Alamo, Thrifty, Enterprise only. They offer the free shuttle. There may be other options such as Uber. Most of the shared ride services like to pick up at airports only and transfer to the port. Generally if you can manage to get back to FLL a shuttle ride is about $15.00 a person from FLL to port of Miami. Probably a wash in cost to a rental car. I am doing the same thing as you and rented a full size car from Alamo for $32.00 plus gas for a day.

Dh and I either take uber or the shared shuttle from FLL to our downtown Miami hotel. Shared shuttle services WILL take you to a MIA downtown hotel. (QLS or Jiffy Jeff do for sure) No use paying parking for a rental.... unless you intend on staying overnight near MIA or FLL where you might find free parking at one of the chains.

We prefer when we arrive a day or two in advance, not to stay out at the airports. We want to enjoy the city. Not listen to planes land. ;) Things are walkable downtown. No need for a car in either port city nearby the ports.

Edited by eandj

If you are flying into FLL the day before your cruise and sailing out of Miami the next day, I personally would rent a car at FLL , choose any hotel, return the car to MIA the next day and then take the free shuttle supplied by car rental company to the Port of Miami. This is very effective for a smaller group the fits in 1 car. You need to rent from National, Alamo, Thrifty, Enterprise only. They offer the free shuttle. There may be other options such as Uber. Most of the shared ride services like to pick up at airports only and transfer to the port. Generally if you can manage to get back to FLL a shuttle ride is about $15.00 a person from FLL to port of Miami. Probably a wash in cost to a rental car. I am doing the same thing as you and rented a full size car from Alamo for $32.00 plus gas for a day.

Thanks, Berniez. Sounds like the best plan. Did you book directly through Alamo? I can't seem to find anything that low in price.

Thanks, Berniez. Sounds like the best plan. Did you book directly through Alamo? I can't seem to find anything that low in price.

Car rental rates vary almost as much as air fare - use your favorite travel web site to compare rates across many agencies and book something you can live with -- then keep shopping! When you find a better deal, book it and cancel the previous deal. Fares tend to be high a long time out and drop as you get closer, then rise or fall depending upon demand at the last minute.

You can sometimes find FLA discount codes on the WDW boards (all ears, etc.) and COSTCO has good rates. Good hunting! :)