Kids pool on Dawn

Starflyr3

How deep is the T-rex Kids Pool? My 5 you will be fine with splashing around, but I'm trying to figure out about my 8 year old. Is it too "toddler" for elementary aged kids who can swim?

We have 4 beach days planned, so I don't know how much swimming we need to do on the ship. (Nachi, Maya Key, beach cabana on HC, and Maya chan).

It will be spring break, so we probably won't be going to the main pool, regardless. Too chaotic and too deep. But my kids do love the water.

How deep is the T-rex Kids Pool? My 5 you will be fine with splashing around, but I'm trying to figure out about my 8 year old. Is it too "toddler" for elementary aged kids who can swim?

We have 4 beach days planned, so I don't know how much swimming we need to do on the ship. (Nachi, Maya Key, beach cabana on HC, and Maya chan).

It will be spring break, so we probably won't be going to the main pool, regardless. Too chaotic and too deep. But my kids do love the water.

You are bringing your kids to nachi? Mr sanchos( or whatever it is called) is right next door and more kid friendly than nachi cocum.

We went on the Dawn when my son was 10 and he used the kid pool area somewhat. It will still be fun for an 8 year old. Plus there is a hot tub back there no one uses. Of course this is assuming they didn't make any significant changes to the kid pool area in the last refurb since we went before that.

You are bringing your kids to nachi? Mr sanchos( or whatever it is called) is right next door and more kid friendly than nachi cocum.

Yes. My kids don't like loud and crowded/party atmospheres make me panic when I have to keep track of them. I reiterate, it will be *spring break*. All the party places will be crowded. We did Playa Mia 2 years ago, and they hated it, and tried Melia last year, and I hated it (too spread out). My little one can't swim yet (we're working on it), and my older one, while trustworthy, I won't let out of my sight (unless with another trusted adult, like my husband) in a foreign country. Especially not at a popular AI crowded with drunk college kids.

I have spine arthritis and may not be able to climb icebergs/water toys (depends on the day), and my husband hates swimming and any situation where his head might go underwater. It's not like we're bringing squirt guns or anything crazy like that. Maybe a bucket or 2 for sand castles and some snorkel gear for me and my son. And they will not be jumping/splashing in the pool or running around screaming.

Honestly, the only port stop I've planned that I think we may have issues with is Maya Key in Roatan. LFK last year was an absolute zoo, and even with my husband and my parents there, we lost track of my little one for a few minutes (and she was playing in the water when we found her....with no floatie on!) I'm not going near that place on spring break again until they're both teenagers, at least.

We went on the Dawn when my son was 10 and he used the kid pool area somewhat. It will still be fun for an 8 year old. Plus there is a hot tub back there no one uses. Of course this is assuming they didn't make any significant changes to the kid pool area in the last refurb since we went before that.

Thanks! It still has the t-rex kids pool pics and description on the website, so I'm hoping it's still there!

The T-Rex pool is the same no changes and the hot tub adjacent offers respite to the adult chaperons.

Due to the location (Stern Deck 12) it can be windy and calm - sunny and shaded due to the weather.

There is no deck structure above.

The water is heated but so shallow that on some cruises it can cause discomfort with half the body being chilled while the other is warmed.