South America

muffin1327

We had to cancel this trip twice and were hoping to finally do the B to B from Ft Lauderdale via Valparaiso to Buenos Aires next year, but now we cannot find this itinerary on X website.

Anyone know if X still offers this?

As I read the schedules, in Fall of 2018 Infinity joins the Caribbean fleet and does not transit the Canal down to SA. (We did that in 2015, sorry to see it go.) Meanwhile, the Eclipse does a TA from Barcelona (with us aboard) down to Buenos Aires. And from there down around the Horn to Valpo or the newer port in Chile. A few yo-yos back and forth mixed with another itinerary or two, then in Spring 2019 from BA around the Chile and on up to San Diego. (We’ll do that b2b, looking forward to it!) The Eclipse then goes on up to Alaska. The Edge takes over, more or less, from the Eclipse in Europe & the Med.

So, never say never, but I think the Ft. Lauderdale via the Canal to Chile to BA is gone, and instead the Eclipse will head south from California for the few months voyages in Chile-Argentina-Uruguay-Brazil.)

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this wonderful cruise the other way around and loved it.

For any of you interested in a review loaded with photos...

Here it is:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/South-America-01/south-america-01.html

Thank you so much for posting this link to your trip. We are considering this cruise for sometime in the future and your comments and pictures make we want to go even more. Your photos are outstanding. Thanks again.

Ok, found page turner at bottom. Will read your review and get back to you.

Thanks!

Your cruise review is terrific. Which tour operators did you use? I haven't booked Ushuaia yet as I'm trying to find out if I can go to park and Beagle channel on same day. I clicked the link to friend you. Hope that works.

Thanks

:rolleyes: All mahdnc said was that it "made it more difficult for those of us who don't speak Spanish (like my family and me) to naturally meet people on the ship." There is no mention of "too many" Latinos, nor that he/she was upset, nor that he/she minded it in the countries visited... so I think you are overreacting.

You and I might feel differen´t and it might be a normal thing in Florida, but not everybody is the same. As mahdnc simply mentioned not speaking Spanish made it harder for them on the ship, I think there´s no need to give mahdnc a hard time for that!

I agree 100% with what you said. Reading what the OP actually wrote, there is no need for such a strong and negative reaction - methinks this is truly a case of a very thin skin so to speak. Of course it is harder for someone not speaking Spanish to be on a ship where half the passengers do. Does not mean they didn't expect that, nor that they have anything at all against people who only speak Spanish etc., etc.. Geez.

I agree 100% with what you said. Reading what the OP actually wrote, there is no need for such a strong and negative reaction - methinks this is truly a case of a very thin skin so to speak. Of course it is harder for someone not speaking Spanish to be on a ship where half the passengers do. Does not mean they didn't expect that, nor that they have anything at all against people who only speak Spanish etc., etc.. Geez.

Some people will look for anything to be offended by, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your cruise review is terrific. Which tour operators did you use? I haven't booked Ushuaia yet as I'm trying to find out if I can go to park and Beagle channel on same day. I clicked the link to friend you. Hope that works.

Thanks

Thanks for your comments! Unfortunately I did not receive your request to join the FB-group.

Just send me an email to oliver (at) travelandcruise.net and I will send you a list of all the operators we used and the places we stayed at. All were great - so we can recommend them all.

Oliver

As I read the schedules, in Fall of 2018 Infinity joins the Caribbean fleet and does not transit the Canal down to SA. (We did that in 2015, sorry to see it go.) Meanwhile, the Eclipse does a TA from Barcelona (with us aboard) down to Buenos Aires. And from there down around the Horn to Valpo or the newer port in Chile. A few yo-yos back and forth mixed with another itinerary or two, then in Spring 2019 from BA around the Chile and on up to San Diego. (We’ll do that b2b, looking forward to it!) The Eclipse then goes on up to Alaska. The Edge takes over, more or less, from the Eclipse in Europe & the Med.

So, never say never, but I think the Ft. Lauderdale via the Canal to Chile to BA is gone, and instead the Eclipse will head south from California for the few months voyages in Chile-Argentina-Uruguay-Brazil.)

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's my reading of the schedules, too. Really disappointed, as the Florida - Panama - Chile cruise B2B with Chile - BA looked a great way of seeing South America, and hoped to do it after we retire in 2019. Perhaps something similar might come back by then. It's a shame that the Europe -> BA repositioning cruise, which effectively replaces it, is followed by a circular from BA rather than a round the Horn cruise to Chile.

Stuart