Walk to Paradise Point Tramway

Cruise077

Has anyone walked to the Paradise Port Tramway from the cruise port closest to that attraction?

Google says 30 minutes but wondering about incline and terrain.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

The walk up to Paradise Point is up a very steep and winding road and not recommended for most normal people. The aerial tramway is right across the street from the Havensight port area and is a 10 - 15 min walk from your ship.

We didn't walk to the top, which seems to be what you're asking, but we did walk to the entrance to the Skyride (tramway) and took the tram up to the top. That was a 10 minute walk (we were walking fast since we did want beach time afterwards). It's $21.00 for adults (anyone over 13), but we got our tickets through the ship, so they were $19.00. It's definitely worth the price. Beautiful views. Attaching a picture from our ship with an arrow pointing at the entrance. From the picture, you can tell how much of a hike you'll have if you're wanting to walk to the top by yourself.

IMG_8964_1.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

And if you are asking about walking up, yes, it is a steep .85 mile paved road, complete with pot holes. Not for the faint of heart, but for those who are looking for hill training, it's pretty good. :D

The road starts by the Dog House Pub, not by the tramway office.

The walk up to Paradise Point is up a very steep and winding road and not recommended for most normal people. The aerial tramway is right across the street from the Havensight port area and is a 10 - 15 min walk from your ship.

Are there stairs that we have climb? If so, is it doable for someone with walking difficulties?

Are there stairs that we have climb? If so, is it doable for someone with walking difficulties?

Yes there are several steps at the bottom tram station, and at the top there are more steps to get to the restaurant, and up to the gazebo. You can probably see videos of each if you search youtube.

As some have posted, it is about 10 - 15 minutes from the dock. To me, there is no climbing, until you get to the area, and there are quite a few steps (10 or more if I recall) to climb, to get to the area to purchase tickets. If you can do it, it is well worth doing. If you decide you want to do it more than once in the same day, they will give you a band to wear, and you can do it as many times in that day, if you wish.

We are talking about two different methods of getting to Paradise Point:

1. Tramway to the top of Paradise Point- Yes, there are some stairs.

2. Hike to the top of Paradise Point- This is not for folks with walking difficulties!This is a tough training hill (think trail runners, marathoners, distance runners).

• 2 weeks later...
We didn't walk to the top, which seems to be what you're asking, but we did walk to the entrance to the Skyride (tramway) and took the tram up to the top. That was a 10 minute walk (we were walking fast since we did want beach time afterwards). It's $21.00 for adults (anyone over 13), but we got our tickets through the ship, so they were $19.00. It's definitely worth the price. Beautiful views. Attaching a picture from our ship with an arrow pointing at the entrance. From the picture, you can tell how much of a hike you'll have if you're wanting to walk to the top by yourself.

IMG_8964_1.jpg

is the cost of 21.00 for a roundtrip ? was there much to do up on the top. and how long of a wait to get back down.

is the cost of 21.00 for a roundtrip ? was there much to do up on the top. and how long of a wait to get back down.

Yes, $21.00 round trip. We were only there for about an hour and we went in the morning and got there right after they opened at 9AM. There was a short line a the ticket window but that went fast. We didn't have to wait very long for the next tram car to the top. Ride is only about 10 minutes to get to the top. We were only there (at the top) for about an hour and since it was early, there was no wait to come back down.

At the top is the bar/restaurant that serves the famous "Bushwacker" drinks and they have a lunch/snack menu. We did get Bushwackers...very good. The bar/restaurant if pretty large with great views. There are several souvenir type shops at the top and apparently there is someone that has colorful birds, but we didn't see them. The main attraction for us were the views and that didn't disappoint.

I surprised my wife and 6 of our friends 10 years ago and scheduled a pastor to renew our vows at the gazebo at PP. Great spot, and we partied at the bar after with a great band. We took the tram one way and I can't remember the exact price if it was more like $7 - 8pp. The bird lady moved to the Butterfly Farm but since returned to PP.

PP is a great spot to enjoy the views with a cold beer or a tropical drink after a beach day and before returning to the ship if docked at Havensight. Definitely worth saving time for whether you take the tram or taxi!

I should look at other threads before I post a new one that is exactly like the one below mine. Thanks to CRUISE077 I think I got my answer. Walking to the tram is certainly doable and I will check to see about prices for just the tram on the ship. Thank you everyone.