Bidding for Upgrades - When were you notified?

ShanLeigh77

we booked a guaranteed oceanview room

was offered to bid on balcony mini suite, we bid the $25 minimum.

received notification from NCL that $300 was the suggested bid, three days later we received confirmation that our $25 bid was accepted

Congratulations! You were patient, stuck with your original bid, and got a great deal. On a lot of cruises there are still Balconies available when all the Ocean View are sold out.

This is the kind of offer I hope to make and have accepted. Otherwise, I'll be happy with my original cabin:cool:

We bid on an upgrade for our cruise on the Getaway departing on the 12th of February. For others who have done so on previous cruises, when were you notified of the acceptance of your offer? We are less than 3 weeks out and am just curious as to whether or not we'll get our upgrade!

Thanks in advance... :)

Where did you do this online? I don't see it.. are you checked in??

So I got the email today for upgrade from haven aft penthouse.. to either owner suite or 3 bedroom on the epic in march .. I put a bid on both .. both it the poor area .. doubt it will be accepted but we will see .. someone told cause I'm in a aft pH I might have more of a chance I hope so

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I googled the terms and conditions and it said if unsuccessful you will stay in the same category. Can I presume that means "same cabin"? I would hate to lose my pre-selected cabin while trying for an upgrade. Anybody out there whose bid failed? Did you keep the same cabin?

I googled the terms and conditions and it said if unsuccessful you will stay in the same category. Can I presume that means "same cabin"? I would hate to lose my pre-selected cabin while trying for an upgrade. Anybody out there whose bid failed? Did you keep the same cabin?

Yes you stay in your same cabin it actually tells you that in the email .. it says if your bid is not accepted everything will stay the same.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Just received my upgrade email today. I have Cat BD regular balcony right now on Deck 8 which is the deck I want to be on. Haven bids are out of my price range but I could bid on mini-suite. My question is why upgrade to a guarantee mini-suite (which I presume I would get) if it could be on some deck and location I don't like just for a little extra space and the same small 32 foot balcony? I have not been in mini-suites but from what I have read there is not much advantage to them outside of a larger bathroom. So for those who have been in a regular balcony and a regular mini-suite, do my thoughts make sense? I would like to be able to upgrade to an aft balcony but that is not an option.

So for those who have been in a regular balcony and a regular mini-suite, do my thoughts make sense? I would like to be able to upgrade to an aft balcony but that is not an option.

We are usually in balconies but did have a mini-suite on the Getaway. Bathroom was nice, but it wasn't enough to make us want to pay extra for it again. If you like your original balcony I would say stay with it.

We are usually in balconies but did have a mini-suite on the Getaway. Bathroom was nice, but it wasn't enough to make us want to pay extra for it again. If you like your original balcony I would say stay with it.

Thank you! That is how I am leaning. One thing that I find interesting is how location is considered in pricing. The thing is everyone has their own priorites, some want to be near the indoor action, others want to be near the pool. Still others want a quiet area. I am sure NCL has their numbers showing what the consensus is but for an indivudual a cabin is not necessarily better because it costs more. To each their own. I would be more interested in an upgrade to a minisuite if there were extra anenities, not just a bigger bathroom. Or a bigger balcony!

Just wondered if they start to fill cabins and take them out of available without assigning them yet based on bids they know they have?

On my cruise a lot of havens were open just last week and this week a lot of the rooms are now gone - I m not talking a few, I am talking A LOT. I doubt that many people booked a last minute haven at those prices. Maybe a lot of people bid excellent and got assigned already? To get into excellent I wouldn't of saved anything and would of just booked it from the start. Even "GOOD" was barely a saving

we received our emails yesterday for BB on Epic March 11-25. We are in an aft balcony on 9th floor 9290. I think this cabin is in demand so I bid the minnium. $800 per person for the 2 bedroom in Haven and $500 per person for the penthouse. Hope I am lucky.

we received our emails yesterday for BB on Epic March 11-25. We are in an aft balcony on 9th floor 9290. I think this cabin is in demand so I bid the minnium. $800 per person for the 2 bedroom in Haven and $500 per person for the penthouse. Hope I am lucky.

That sounds like a wise bid. I would think that high demand for your current Aft Balcony would be part of their equation as they could easily sell it.

Good Luck!

Has anyone ever bid on an upgrade from an accessible cabin? We are booked in an accessible aft mini-suite on the Pearl, which I will be perfectly happy in, but maybe I could do without the accessible features in something higher-grade, i.e., larger? I can walk short distances and my personal scooter is only 23-24" in width so getting it through the door wouldn't be an issue (would it?), but I really hate those low-to-the-ground toilets.

• 1 year later...

If you booked with a travel agent will you NOT get an upgrade bid email? I would like to upgrade my current room. I was planning on calling NCL after the 90 day to sailing in hopes that people canceled and suites become available.

If you booked with a travel agent will you NOT get an upgrade bid email? I would like to upgrade my current room. I was planning on calling NCL after the 90 day to sailing in hopes that people canceled and suites become available.

I booked with an agent and got the upgrade email. Part of it depends on if you have registered on NCL's site to look at your sailings. Also if the travel agent gave them your email when it was booked. But they almost always have to give your email anymore. So agent or not shouldn't be a factor. The agent will also be notified if you get an upgrade offer.

• 4 weeks later...
We were on the Escape last week, sailing on Saturday and we got notice on the Tuesday prior that our bid was accepted (mini-suite to Haven Forward Facing...yay!!)

Hi! I know this was a long time ago, do you remember what your original mini suite cost and what you bid on the upgrade? We're waiting on the same situation for our sailing next weekend on the Getaway!

We received the email to upgrade around August 22nd, and we bid on it on the 23rd. We sail on the 31st and still haven't heard if we were accepted or not. It still shows pending when you review your offer. We are in an Oceanview room, and upgraded to a mini suite. I hope we get it since it'd be a nice perk but if not we'll still be on a cruise.

We are leaving on the Dawn in 2 days out of Boston to Bermuda. I bid at 90 days out (when first offered) on a Family Suite with Balcony (SD) and then added a second bid on another aft Penthouse Suite. I finally got an email yesterday, 3 days before our cruise. The waiting and watching has been exciting but exhausting! ;) I kept doing mock bookings to watch the inventory. I could tell that those suites hadn't been awarded yet but that was all. The cabin will be perfect for 3 adult girlfriends. We are childhood friends of 50+ years. One has never cruised and the other has cruised twice. We would have had just as much fun in our booked balcony cabin but I can't wait to surprise them when we get to the pier to check in! :D

Finally at noon, yesterday, I received notification I got my 'poor' bid on the Family Suite!! Yeah!

I've only bid one other time for our cruise we took this past April on the same ship. I got the bid on the same category Family Suite then only one cabin over.

I love this bidding process. ;) :D

We received the email to upgrade around August 22nd, and we bid on it on the 23rd. We sail on the 31st and still haven't heard if we were accepted or not. It still shows pending when you review your offer. We are in an Oceanview room, and upgraded to a mini suite. I hope we get it since it'd be a nice perk but if not we'll still be on a cruise.
And we got an email yesterday saying we were not approved. Oh well! At least we're still on the ship!

Sent from my S7 using Forums mobile app