Cabin locations help!

cdm88

Just booked with another couple for Nieuw Amsterdam for March and got assigned cabins 1054 and 1058. This will be my 5th cruise but all precious with carnival and NEVER stayed lower than deck 6. Anyone have experience with Main deck rooms on NA??? Really nervous about being this low. Please help!

They are very nice cabins for insides. More square than rectangle.

I peaked inside a similar one on disembarkation day of the NA's sister ship, the Eurodam, earlier this month.... check out the pictures at http://halfacts.com/signature-class/1068-eurodam/

I think this is a decent location. Close to the Atrium, elevators, and midship. I wouldn't expect significant noise from the Queen's Lounge above.

Not sure exactly what you are nervous about, but this deck is fine and the cabins are the good square ones: more than enough room to swing a cat.

Also not sure who chose these cabins and why it wasn't you. Obviously you didn't book a GUAR or you would not have been assigned on the spot, as it seems you were.

Could you explain, perhaps?

There were very few mid ship interiors left to choose from. This was the best of what was available. However, there are some mid ship balconies on higher decks that i COULD upgrade to. I have always preferred mid ship and higher decks. So just not sure what to expect. They were booked through a travel company. It is part of a chartered special event cruise.

Just booked with another couple for Nieuw Amsterdam for March and got assigned cabins 1054 and 1058. This will be my 5th cruise but all precious with carnival and NEVER stayed lower than deck 6. Anyone have experience with Main deck rooms on NA??? Really nervous about being this low. Please help!

I love main deck, but I would che ck what is above you. From book I have looks like Northern lights nightclub.,and Queen lounge. Depending on the music group it could be noisy. We had BB King band and it was too noisy. Talk to your booking agent

Terri

@cdm88

We were in 1050 (oceanview) on the Nieuw Amsterdam for a 26-day TransAtlantic/Mediterranean cruise. I upgraded us from interior specifically because they would not guarantee we would have a J or K inside cabin! Those are also known as "Super-K's" (although most have been reassigned "J" category) because they are SO roomy. I was deathly afraid our mass-travel-agency would put us in a tiny "I" interior on deck 6/7/8 and call it an upgrade because the number is lower than J or K!!! So we upgraded to the OV, which was fine but extra money.

About the location -- we could hear-feel the bass-throb of BBKing's in the Northern Lights about bedtime. I should say, *I* could -- nothing could disturb my DH's falling asleep! And it never kept me from falling asleep, just something I was aware of.

(1) HAL ships go quiet pretty early!

(2) your cabins are under the Queen's Lounge and farther from Northern Lights

(3) take earplugs and be prepared NOT TO NEED THEM!

Main Deck near the attrium is about as still as they come. One night I got up to look out the window because I was certain the ship was not moving!!! it was that quiet and steady!

@cdm88

We were in 1050 (oceanview) on the Nieuw Amsterdam for a 26-day TransAtlantic/Mediterranean cruise. I upgraded us from interior specifically because they would not guarantee we would have a J or K inside cabin! Those are also known as "Super-K's" (although most have been reassigned "J" category) because they are SO roomy. I was deathly afraid our mass-travel-agency would put us in a tiny "I" interior on deck 6/7/8 and call it an upgrade because the number is lower than J or K!!! So we upgraded to the OV, which was fine but extra money.

About the location -- we could hear-feel the bass-throb of BBKing's in the Northern Lights about bedtime. I should say, *I* could -- nothing could disturb my DH's falling asleep! And it never kept me from falling asleep, just something I was aware of.

(1) HAL ships go quiet pretty early!

(2) your cabins are under the Queen's Lounge and farther from Northern Lights

(3) take earplugs and be prepared NOT TO NEED THEM!

Main Deck near the attrium is about as still as they come. One night I got up to look out the window because I was certain the ship was not moving!!! it was that quiet and steady!

Great post, crystalspin

We had a J once on the Westerdam and it was "cozy", not that we minded. Sort of liked the chair in the corner with the oval table, as we never use the sofa anyways. Glad you upgraded, a smart choice considering!

Edited by SilvertoGold

There were very few mid ship interiors left to choose from. This was the best of what was available. However, there are some mid ship balconies on higher decks that i COULD upgrade to. I have always preferred mid ship and higher decks. So just not sure what to expect. They were booked through a travel company. It is part of a chartered special event cruise.

Why are you nervous? :confused:

We have many miles cruising on large ships & normally have been on either Main Deck or have sometimes been even lower.. But we also stay in outsides or a balcony cabin, as don't enjoy Interiors... We enjoy being able to see the water from our cabin..

We have been on a higher deck when we've booked a balcony, but IMO a cabin on a lower deck is actually smoother riding than one on a higher deck especially in high seas or in a storm...

However, we also owned our own boat & have put many miles on our boats in good & bad weather...We are very used to being close to the sea..