Fish and chips replaced by barbeque?

jayscore

I understand some ships have replaced the "fish and chips" with some sort of "Barbecue".

Mind you, the loss of "F&C" doesn't bother me in the least. What I want to know is what is on the "barbecue" menu?

Thanks in advance!

Just of "Conquest" where I found the BBQ to be O.K., but IMO, very dry. I personally, prefer the fish-n-chips. Oh by the way, I NEVER in eight days, saw anybody paying extra for the seafood? Looks like a stupid decision to do away with the fish-n-chips to me? :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Vista also has the Seafood Shack. Which has great lobster rolls ($, not included in cruise fare). But I found the Pig and Anchor to be spotty. Brisket was very fatty, no char. Pork was flavorless, until sauces were added. Curious if these were even smoked or just cooked ion ovens and given a brush through with smoke or smoke flavorings. Andouille sausage was so-so; better bangers in the Lido buffet in the mornings. DW like the chicken thighs. Sides were okay but not stellar. Bun was greasy buttered bun.

Does anyone know if the Freedom still has the Fish and Chips? I was looking forward to that come October.

It's been changed to bbq, but it's not the Pig & Anchor. And the Seafood Shack has been added

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Well phooey. Looks like they charge extra for the Seafood Shack, so probably won't try it. It doesn't look like anything I would like going by the menu. Where was the BBQ? Was it every day or just sea days, and is it extra too?

We were on the Conquest in November and had the new bbq that was upstairs where the fish & chips used to be. We got a plate with pulled pork, macaroni & cheese and beans just so that the 7 people at our table could sample it. Everyone thought it was pretty good. My husband did try the fish & chips from the Seafood Shack one day and thought that the old fish & chips that was free was much better. He said he wouldn't be paying for them again. The Seafood Shack was always busy and I heard that the lobster rolls were pretty good but we never tried them.

We were on the Conquest in November and had the new bbq that was upstairs where the fish & chips used to be. We got a plate with pulled pork, macaroni & cheese and beans just so that the 7 people at our table could sample it. Everyone thought it was pretty good. My husband did try the fish & chips from the Seafood Shack one day and thought that the old fish & chips that was free was much better. He said he wouldn't be paying for them again. The Seafood Shack was always busy and I heard that the lobster rolls were pretty good but we never tried them.

We tried the Seafood Shack on the Conquest. Took a while to get good and it was hot. But found it on the greasy side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vista also has the Seafood Shack. Which has great lobster rolls ($, not included in cruise fare). But I found the Pig and Anchor to be spotty. Brisket was very fatty, no char. Pork was flavorless, until sauces were added. Curious if these were even smoked or just cooked ion ovens and given a brush through with smoke or smoke flavorings. Andouille sausage was so-so; better bangers in the Lido buffet in the mornings. DW like the chicken thighs. Sides were okay but not stellar. Bun was greasy buttered bun.

The Pig and Anchor was put on the Magic at it's last drydock in early 2016. It is associated with Guy Fieri, and they put actual wood smokers on the ship to make the meats. It was also put on the Vista, but it was not functional until they got to the U.S. It also has wood smokers for meat preparation. We tried it on the Magic last April and it is far better than the BBQ that is on other Dream Class ships. I believe it is scheduled to be put on other ships as they go into drydock through the next several years.

The Pig and Anchor was put on the Magic at it's last drydock in early 2016. It is associated with Guy Fieri, and they put actual wood smokers on the ship to make the meats. It was also put on the Vista, but it was not functional until they got to the U.S. It also has wood smokers for meat preparation.

Then they need new smokemasters! And agree that Fish and chips have always been greasy. When I had them I just removed the breading and put the fish in a plan tortilla from Blue Iguana. Add the condiments for the salsa bar and Presto! Fish Taco with papas.

Then they need new smokemasters! And agree that Fish and chips have always been greasy. When I had them I just removed the breading and put the fish in a plan tortilla from Blue Iguana. Add the condiments for the salsa bar and Presto! Fish Taco with papas.

Doesn't BI have free fish tacos?