How Does Moderno Compare?

sport303

I think everything is worth trying once. I can't imagine it being as good as FDC but if you're into that style of food it might be fun alternative to the free restaurants :) We will be trying it for the first time and celebrating my husband's birthday there on Sunday night!

I've been to 2-3 on land and the one on the Dawn wasn't remotely comparable in quality. They've moved the restaurant and maybe they have upped their game so I may give them another shot at some point, but I have to say I was disappointed enough that I've done two cruises since and not gone near it, despite it being one of my favorite kinds of restaurants.

My experience was on the Jade and I thought the salad bar looked pretty sad and none of the meats were anything to write home about. I was unimpressed. Maybe it is better on some of the bigger ships but the placement of the restaurant on the Jade seemed like an afterthought crammed into the space. I would not go back, at least not on this ship.

Weird. We went on the jade and thought it was fantastic. Salad bar was really good - in addition to normal salad staff it had several prepared salads, really good soup, hearts of palm, etc. The garlic sirloin was my best steak on the ship (10x better than cagney's), chicken and sausage were a bit dry but tasty. Desserts were really good too. We wouldn't miss moderno

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought everything was excellent and comparable to a Brazilian steakhouse on land. The only difference was they give you the green and red button but each item only comes around once. If you want something again, you have to grab them as they go by.

This is not true at all. They keep rotating through or will even ask if you want something specific. I always ask for the picahna first as that is the best meat they serve and don't want to fill up before they get around to it. I have Brazilian relatives and have been to my fair share of rodizios. And I thoroughly enjoy moderno. It may not be as good as some land based ones but it is damn close and half the price of some of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been to a land based Brazilian steakhouse but we've done Moderno on the Spirit and Epic. I wasn't impressed at all on the Spirit. The service was really bad and the meats were rather tough. On the Epic it was better but I wouldn't bother to go again on any ship.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app