Upgrades

tbedard1

Does anyone know if Norwegian ever upgrades you if the ship is not full?The Breakaway to Bahamas has a lot of open cabins for our cruise at the end of February.Other cruise lines we have crushed on have upgraded us from inside to ocean view or oceanview to balcony for free when the ship is not full.

Thank you for the reply. Can you explain the bidding? I have never heard of that before on the other cruise lines we have been on.Thank you.

Like an auction, you will make an offer on an upgrade. "I bid $2000 for a suite". If you are a "high bid", you will be upgraded and your credit card charged.

Thank you for the explanation.

The news websites have this:

After undergoing a 60-day beta test and receiving positive feedback from a group of elite travel agents, the Norwegian Upgrade Advantage program is set to launch Feb. 8.

So sadly the old upgrade process wont be around for your cruise, I guess you'll be finding out more soon enough.

I wonder how high the upgrade prices will rise to now that everyone is getting involved and not just the folks who put in the effort to make a phone call.

so has the term changed from upsell to upgrade now?

used to be upgrades were me paying full fair to whatever category i wanted and i get all new perks

upsell was keeping all perks and paying less than standard fare to get a higher room

Will the program be for all Norwegian Ships starting in February? I thought I read somewhere that is was only on the bigger ships. We sailed the Gem last year, booked an inside cabin. We called for an upgrade 3 weeks out and were given two choices, upgrade for free to oceanview or $160 for balcony (total for both passengers, not each). Since we already have a balcony for our upcoming trip, I thought I would call just to see what they could offer.