Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

Thank you so much for your great blog, all the pictures and especially the gluten free info. Looks like there will be lots of gf food when I board her on March 1st. Could you please tell me where on board the map of the itinerary/route is ? Thanks, Kat

Oh Nancy such a difficult question to answer my friend. I had such high expectations of the ship and I really don't want to give the impression that there's a whole lot wrong with it. The whole holiday was incredible and I'm so glad to have experienced the entire itinerary in the order I did. The glitches on board in no way impacted my time away..... just for moments if that makes sense. They need to sort the tendering out....it's a major factor.....we only walked ashore once the whole time. We never sailed away on time. And that matters when you're sailing a Glacier alley. They need to have a word with the executive chef about the GF bread!! Lol. I did a galley tour (pics later) and I would've been encouraged had I seen a GF galley. But I didn't. I missed sailing on a ship and not having status..... sounds crazy but having free laundry and a glass or two of wine in the evening really helps!! They didn't offer a new to Princess cruises evening event at all. Any time I went to the theatre (to be fair it wasn't often) it was standing room only..... too small for the number of passengers. So...... probably not is the answer. Didn't feel much valued is how that comes out eh?

I was going to ask the very same question. As we are preparing to 'jump ship' in the not to distant future. Everything you say I can probably relate to. I also have friends currently circumnavigating South America - Sydney to Sydney - on Sea Princess. They have status so know the 'Princess ropes' so to speak. However, some aspects you mention are also little things which they know they have to work around. Interesting.

So glad you enjoyed the trip and as with everything - it is what it is. :)

What a wonderful review!! We got so much out of your narrative and pictures, we are grateful.

Question for you---we (4 of us) will be doing several private tours and I am hoping you can help with a suggestion about tipping at the end of each tour? Thanks for your help.

Thank you so much for your great blog, all the pictures and especially the gluten free info. Looks like there will be lots of gf food when I board her on March 1st. Could you please tell me where on board the map of the itinerary/route is ? Thanks, Kat

I'm going to say outside the Horizon Court..... maybe someone can concur..... :confused:

NorbertsNiece...

Thanks again so much for bringing us all along with you! Where will you be adventuring next?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise booked : China, South Korea, Japan with Celebrity. 2018 :)

What a wonderful review!! We got so much out of your narrative and pictures, we are grateful.

Question for you---we (4 of us) will be doing several private tours and I am hoping you can help with a suggestion about tipping at the end of each tour? Thanks for your help.

Hi. Honestly it's varied. Typically $10 or the local equivalent...... to cover guide and driver. But I'm a solo. I gave Nyree on the Falklands more.... she drove and guided and I had her to myself. Was grateful to get back in one piece lol!!!

May I suggest a flight to Perth - catch up with Hannah then train across the Nullabor and we will pick you up at Central Station in Sydney? ;p

I miss you. Sounds like a plan!! May have to wait a few years though lol.

Thank you so much for the review. Will you be posting pictures of

the Peruvian part? . We were so pleased to join you on your trip thru Brazil to the falls.

Absolutely. :D