Getaway H9 (Spa) to an H7 / $319 to upgrade

js

Hi.

On the Getaway, would you move from an H9 Haven Spa on Deck 14 to an H7 on Deck 12 for $319 total for two people? I would then have to purchase the spa passes for two since we were counting for a year on using it (so I guess it would be $719). It is not my dh and me traveling but my mom and I so the couch in the living room (for me) and a separate bedroom for her is appealing (since she is taking me). Unless the room is so great and we just use the Haven and not the spa?

Thanks so much!

Edited by js

Hi. Does anyone have any input. After giving it some thought, Im thinking of staying in my spa haven cabin. I had even planned on staying on the ship in Rotan for a quiet spa and haven day. Would you agree and would this be your choice?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hard call, there are valid arguments for both decisions.

We too are in a haven spa for an upcoming cruise on the Breakaway, interestingly at this point the H7 is a couple of hundred dollars less than the H9 on our sailing.

I personally would not move if it were my hubby and I, but if it was my mom, I might so we can have our own "bed" space.

I guess it boils down to how much will that $719 impact your cheque book. If you won't miss it at all, do the upgrade. If you will at all feel the loss of that money, don't. That's my two cents:D

Either way you will have an awesome time!

Hi. Does anyone have any input. After giving it some thought, Im thinking of staying in my spa haven cabin. I had even planned on staying on the ship in Rotan for a quiet spa and haven day. Would you agree and would this be your choice?

Thanks.

To me Haven Spa is perfect for a quiet Haven experience will all the comforts of the Haven.

If you want Haven and Spa then this is a perfect duo for you both.

Yes the H7 is very tempting with the extra room and bedroom area, but what is you have already is very, very nice too.

Temptations do exist....

What would I do???

If it was me and my mom...I'd be hard pressed not to give her the bedroom and pay for the spa and I'd take the sofa bed if it was two separate sleeping areas we wanted for more privacy and comfort.

If it was just for spa, then I'd stay where I was and I'd love it. I might use the whirlpool, but I'd use the spa more and still get all the benefits of THE HAVEN at a great cost!

Edited by MizDemeanor

Hard call, there are valid arguments for both decisions.

We too are in a haven spa for an upcoming cruise on the Breakaway, interestingly at this point the H7 is a couple of hundred dollars less than the H9 on our sailing.

I personally would not move if it were my hubby and I, but if it was my mom, I might so we can have our own "bed" space.

I guess it boils down to how much will that $719 impact your cheque book. If you won't miss it at all, do the upgrade. If you will at all feel the loss of that money, don't. That's my two cents:D

Either way you will have an awesome time!

Thank you. For $320 it was a no-brainer, for $720 it was something for me to think about. I have a lot of trips planned this year with cruises, HHI, Disney :) LOL I get five weeks and 3 personal days and EACH ONE is already planned out after really thinking about it and having my mom say she wants to be a close to the spa as possible LOL we are going to stay put. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.

To me Haven Spa is perfect for a quiet Haven experience will all the comforts of the Haven.

If you want Haven and Spa then this is a perfect duo for you both.

Yes the H7 is very tempting with the extra room and bedroom area, but what is you have already is very, very nice too.

Temptations do exist....

What would I do???

If it was me and my mom...I'd be hard pressed not to give her the bedroom and pay for the spa and I'd take the sofa bed if it was two separate sleeping areas we wanted for more privacy and comfort.

If it was just for spa, then I'd stay where I was and I'd love it. I might use the whirlpool, but I'd use the spa more and still get all the benefits of THE HAVEN at a great cost!

Thank you. I spoke with my mom last night. She said she is fine with both of us in the spa cabin and I would only be moving if I wanted the separate sleeping area. She loves the fact that we are a walk right up the stairs for the spa. We won't use the whirlpool but have our plans for both spa and haven so we are staying put. Thank you very much for your insight.

Edited by js

I would stay with the cabin you have if you want to be able to use the spa. If they are both Haven cabins than I do not think it would be worth the extra cost.

Thank you. You are correct, they are both Haven cabins. Just one a little larger. Honestly, we wouldn't use the living room only for my sleeping so we are going to stay put. We travel to Disney once a year together and use to get two bedrooms but we found we just both stay in our rooms once we are done or in each others rooms so now we get studios LOL Sitting in the living room in the cabin won't happen, sitting on the balcony and haven will so we will keep our cabin. Thank you.

Stay in the Haven spa suite. The location is perfect-quick trip to the spa or to the Haven.

Thank you. We decided to stay put and havent thought about it again. However, I was able to change our flights and get the change fee waived and booked an extra night before the cruise. So now two pre cruise nights.

Im happy we stayed where we are too. Thanks.

Stay in the Haven spa suite. The location is perfect-quick trip to the spa or to the Haven.

i had one on the BA and its 50% bigger than standard balcony so the space in there is very nice. and the light controls were cool :)

if you didnt have the spa needs, id take the upsell in a minute but as you noted, 400 extra for that and it's obviously important to you.

make sure you ask for robes if they arent already in your room . took days for ours to arrive on their own