Prices all over the place

bphman

I have been following pricing on our Baltic cruise and I have never seen so many changes up and down. When I first booked the cruise, AQ was going for $3999. It went down to $2799 and I pulled the trigger. I kept following and pricing went up to as high as $4949. Now they are down again to $3299. I hope those who booked at the high end had their cabin repriced. I have never seen anything like this on any other cruise including Celebrity. I can understand pricing cabins according to what the market will bear but this is out of hand. I would think it would drive people away. Don't know if this is occurring on my particular sailing or others as well.

I have been following pricing on our Baltic cruise and I have never seen so many changes up and down. When I first booked the cruise, AQ was going for $3999. It went down to $2799 and I pulled the trigger. I kept following and pricing went up to as high as $4949. Now they are down again to $3299. I hope those who booked at the high end had their cabin repriced. I have never seen anything like this on any other cruise including Celebrity. I can understand pricing cabins according to what the market will bear but this is out of hand. I would think it would drive people away. Don't know if this is occurring on my particular sailing or others as well.

Sounds like the effect of BOGO, 30 percent off or some other special. After all of the specials are considered, it seems like the prices don't change very much.

Prices for 18/19 cruises seem all over the place and insane in general.

Baltic had always attracted higher pricing, probably due demand but yes occasionally you find one cruise in particular has very fluid pricing. Maybe some group allocation is being assigned/releases affecting their automated yield management system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

automated yield management system

This is the key, and the RCCL side has been doing this for years! I have literally seen pricing fluctuate 10+ times on a cabin category in 24hr period. The yield management computer uses a complex formula based on the number of hits, pricing inquiries and actual bookings, for a given category, meta category or entire sailing and will auto adjust pricing based on the above. I have also seen some sailings, especially in highly price sensitive markets, where the pricing seems more static, so it seems the yield management team can select how "dynamic" they wish pricing to be for any particular ship or sailing.

The Price in Germany has gone sky high.

I booked a C2 for 2 Persons in August 2016 for Euros 4988 with the go best promotion .

Today it costs only Euros 7918 for the same cat.

Talk about a Price hike !!!

Happy cruising

Sound like the Eclipse cruise I was watching a few years ago to the Med (another ex UK cruise and exchange rate at the time was about 1.5 USD to £)

prices for a balcony cabin started at about £4500 no offers a year out, crept up to about £5500 including "free drinks", settle back to about £4500 including drinks. Finally about 2 months before sail date price dropped to £2000 no offers.