Car Service Recommendation from FLL to Miami Cruise Terminal

dshefter

We're staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our Escape cruise on Nov. 18 and was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for a transportation service to and from the Miami Cruise Terminal. We're staying at a Residence Inn a mile or so from the FLL airport. There will be three of us.

It's been awhile since I've used a service from FLL to MIA. Any good recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Uber. It's somewhere in the $30-$35 range. We've used SAS from the FLL airport to MIA, and it fine $15 pp. If you're using it from a hotel, you need to check to be sure they run the service from that hotel. You may also be stopping at multiple hotels to fill your van.

I researched and booked Jiffy Jeff and also used him two years ago.

However, I ended up canceling him yesterday and will use Uber. I will pay the same price and don't have to share a van with anyone else.

we always rent a car at the ft lauderdale airport and if you use alamo, and i know there is a few others, not sure you will have to ask, but you drop it off at the miami airport, and there is a free shuttle to the miami port,,,,,,,,,,,we use costco to rent the car that way you can change at no charge everytime the price drops and the second driver is free

I use a private sedan or suv through Go Airport shuttle. They're very affordable, don't have to share a ride and you prepay the gratuities. All four drivers that I used from this past trip (staying in Ft Lauderdale before and after), called me about a half an hour before pickup to confirm.

SUVs were super clean, drivers were professional.

Uber.

We did the same thing as you a couple months ago. Flew into FLL, spent the night in FLL and then grabbed an Uber to drop us off at the Miami Cruise Port.

It was $45. They arrived in 5 minutes. Uber is allowed to drop off customers at the port but not allowed to pick up.

A taxi from FLL to the Miami cruise port would be around $90 plus tip! Our Uber ride was $45 for 4 people and no tip required on Uber.

There is no way I would consider a private car service.

Uber.

We did the same thing as you a couple months ago. Flew into FLL, spent the night in FLL and then grabbed an Uber to drop us off at the Miami Cruise Port.

It was $45. They arrived in 5 minutes. Uber is allowed to drop off customers at the port but not allowed to pick up.

A taxi from FLL to the Miami cruise port would be around $90 plus tip! Our Uber ride was $45 for 4 people and no tip required on Uber.

Hi. I see you say no tip required but are we not "supposed" to tip? I am taking Uber next month and actually came on here to ask about how to tip with Uber. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. I see you say no tip required but are we not "supposed" to tip? I am taking Uber next month and actually came on here to ask about how to tip with Uber. Thanks.

You can tip through the app or hand them cash. I usually choose cash. I have heard if you don't give them something they give you a lower rating.

Uber.

Why wouldn't you consider a private sedan/SUV from a shuttle company? Our private Navigator was $48 including tip for 5 people and 6 pieces of luggage. The driver was awesome. He then asked about our return trip and made sure he was the one that picked up.

Why wouldn't you consider a private sedan/SUV from a shuttle company? Our private Navigator was $48 including tip for 5 people and 6 pieces of luggage. The driver was awesome. He then asked about our return trip and made sure he was the one that picked up.

Sounds like a great deal. Who did you use?

http://www.go-airportshuttle.com/

Made the reservations online. Only tricky thing is that the Port is listed under the "airport" classification. Took me a little while to figure that out.

Thanks for the link. Bummer that the quote I am getting is $92 in a sedan for 2 people :(

I want the deal you got, haha :p

Edited by jvsnana