Children in seperate cabin

I am looking to cruise on the Oasis this summer for my 50th, I want to take my daughter and a friend but have them in a separate cabin, they are both 17.

I tried to book this online with the adults in an ocean view balcony and the girls in a central park balcony 6 doors up from us, online I cannot seem to book this but I have read on here that I can if I call RCCL.

Is there a hard and fast rule about how close the girls cabin has to be from us, is 6 doors up acceptable or do they literally have to be across the hall or right next door to us ?

Many Thanks

Ed

Online will not allow you to book 2 minors in a room. You have to book one adult in a room. THat is how we did it with our kids and then when we board the kids room together. No biggy. You can request the extra seapass card for the kids at the Service Desk onboard.

However, you can book two minors in the same room close to the adults over the phone. I have done that too.

Two summers ago on Allure, we had a family trip with 4 rooms. 2 of the rooms had minors in them (18 and 20 year olds ) and RC" "required" they be next door, adjoining or directly across the hall....no exceptions. I had to call RC to book as I could not book it in line. They would not let me have the one available room 3 doors down so we had to change our floor to accommodate all four of the rooms [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Use a TA! In November, I tried to book with future cruise on Allure for October, putting our GD (5 & 3) in connecting cabins with their parents and they wouldn't even let me do that.

I went ahead and did the booking as connecting cabins aren't plentiful. As soon as I got home I had my TA move the girls to their cabin and parents in theirs.

With our family of 4, we always book myself and my son in a cabin, then, my wife and my daughter in a cabin. Once onboard, we can swap around. We prefer connecting cabins

This is the way to do it! We just did that in August on Liberty. No problem at all.... If they are side-by-side balconies, you can open the balcony divider and have instant connecting cabins.

With our family of 4, we always book myself and my son in a cabin, then, my wife and my daughter in a cabin. Once onboard, we can swap around. We prefer connecting cabins

That's what we do too, the connecting door stays open so nobody would know who is actually in which room from outside.

I'd get connecting rooms, even if it meant you couldn't get exactly the rooms or exactly the floor that you prefer. Too many things can go wrong -- even with good kids. Better safe than sorry.

We put our kids across the hall in an inside room for 5 years now.

They are now 11 & 15.

Never any issues...