Classic drink package?

jerseymariner

We are booked on the Reflection in a couple of weeks and have the Classic drink package. Just noticed online menus showing that the "drink of the day" is always priced at $8.25! So is that intentionally set up to devalue the Classic package and almost force you to upgrade?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never felt the need to try the drink of the day so I hadn't noticed that it was over the Classic limit. I haven't read of folks upgrading the package to get the drink of the day. The most common reasons people upgrade is for the wider selection of wines and other because they enjoy the oversized martini's at the Martini Bar.

The Classic package covers a wide variety of liquors and most cocktails can be made with the liquor from the Classic package. You can find a list of all the liquors covered by the Classic package on Celebrity's website.

We are booked on the Reflection in a couple of weeks and have the Classic drink package. Just noticed online menus showing that the "drink of the day" is always priced at $8.25! So is that intentionally set up to devalue the Classic package and almost force you to upgrade?

What is the allure of the drink of the day. There are 100's of drinks that are on the classic package. Make up a list of drinks you wanted to try...mai tai's, scorpions, etc and just have your own drink of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Reflection earlier this month. Classic package covers drinks up to $9, so drink of the day was covered.

The only thing you are missing with the Classic package is top shelf brands, and if that's not important to you, you'll be fine

1. Not all that interested in the drink of the day per say, but the menu lists some common mixed drinks as such so what is different about DotD?

2. According to the Celebrity literature, WINE up to $9 a serving is covered. Spirits have an $8 limit , and beer $6.

Appreciate all the replies and we'll just see how are first day works and upgrade if we feel the need.

• 6 months later...

There is another thread in which the OP created a list of drinks that are available on the classic and premium beverage packages. The link to her post and the PDF files she created are here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=53030316

Classic beverage package drink list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=406883&d=1494308109

Premium beverage package drink list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=406884&d=1494308109

1. Not all that interested in the drink of the day per say, but the menu lists some common mixed drinks as such so what is different about DotD?

2. According to the Celebrity literature, WINE up to $9 a serving is covered. Spirits have an $8 limit , and beer $6.

Appreciate all the replies and we'll just see how are first day works and upgrade if we feel the need.

Celebrity website often has outdated information. The Classic package limit is $9 for beer, wine & liquor so a $8.25 drink of the day is covered.