Norwegian Cruise Line Enhances Latitudes Rewards Loyalty Program

LauraS

With regard to the laundry for plantinum....

It's vague with just 1 bag. No notation per person or per cabin. Which makes me believe it's the lesser (sadly). Does anyone know for sure?

I love this perk! I'm also wondering if it is per room, would you also be able to take advantage of the second bag for half off the laundry special?

Thanks for your insight.

As I read the list, the only time it says anything about limiting, is when it says per stateroom. The Laundry perks does not say per stateroom. So, I believe that means for each platinum member, as it is today. Glass half full!!

The program details say you will not be knocked down a level, but people are getting emails (me included) that show a lower tier. Apparently a glitch in the system.

My email also said silver not gold. That really upsets me because now my next cruise makes me gold instead of working towards platinum. I also didn't see where it says that you won't lose your current standings. Anyway, what can you do? I've only cruised Norwegian and switching to another line will mean starting over.

• 2 weeks later...
The way I read it, regardless if you booked more than nine months ahead, you will not get the extra point per night if your "sailing" is Feb 3 or later.

I'm bummed, 2 points short of gold, cruise in 28 days and would have been gold upon completion of that cruise. :(

I know you posted this a while ago, so I'm not sure whether you are now aware, but you will get the extra points for booking 9 months out.

My email also said silver not gold. That really upsets me because now my next cruise makes me gold instead of working towards platinum. I also didn't see where it says that you won't lose your current standings. Anyway, what can you do? I've only cruised Norwegian and switching to another line will mean starting over.

Again, I'm quoting an old post, but you certainly do keep your current status, so you will be Gold on your next cruise if that was your status on the 2nd Feb.

Well..... disappointed. Great cruise on Epic disembarking on 2/4. ( one day into new tier system). Was expecting to become Platinum with 21 points by booking 9 months in advance and a Latitude offer and should have had 77 points under old tier. Now only received 14 points and at 70 and still Gold under new tier. Fail NCL on the customer appreciation front. We are loyal customers and have 2 future cruise rewards. 7 cruises in 4 years....changing rules when we are embarking. Really NCL. What are you thinking????

Well..... disappointed. Great cruise on Epic disembarking on 2/4. ( one day into new tier system). Was expecting to become Platinum with 21 points by booking 9 months in advance and a Latitude offer and should have had 77 points under old tier. Now only received 14 points and at 70 and still Gold under new tier. Fail NCL on the customer appreciation front. We are loyal customers and have 2 future cruise rewards. 7 cruises in 4 years....changing rules when we are embarking. Really NCL. What are you thinking????

Have you actually received the latitudes points in your account, and only got 14? If so then get on to them as that is incorrect.

The new rules only applied to cruises that started after 3rd Feb, so the points you earn would be based on the old rules. Even if it was the new rules then you should till have got all 21 anyway.

Of course, that doesn't help you with regard to being platinum as the number of points required has gone up to 80.

Have you actually received the latitudes points in your account, and only got 14? If so then get on to them as that is incorrect.

The new rules only applied to cruises that started after 3rd Feb, so the points you earn would be based on the old rules. Even if it was the new rules then you should till have got all 21 anyway.

Of course, that doesn't help you with regard to being platinum as the number of points required has gone up to 80.

If this is true, it runs counter to what many posters on this and other threads have been told by many NCL sources.

Once the initial lack of info by NCL staff had been passed, they have consistently said that any bookings made prior to February 3, 2017 that were 9 months before sailing would receive he bonus points even if the sail date was on or after Feb 19, 2017.

If this is not happening it is imperative that this be fought tooth and nail based on the legal argument that NCL's early bookng promotion was a causitive factor that induced people to make the booking.

Please don't leave us hanging. Run this to ground ASAP.

Edited by Uniall

Let me know is I'm missing something, but this looks like a mixed bag: a good deal for those already at or close to Platinum level but more difficult to accumulate points for those at lower levels. Lots of changes but the big ones are:

There are two new tiers but at the 175 and 700 point levels, you'd have to cruise A LOT to reach them. Other tiers are mostly unchanged except it's now 30 points (versus 20) to get to Silver and 55 (versus 48) for Gold.

However, on the down side, you no longer receive a bonus point per night for booking 9+ months in advance. I racked up a lot of points that way.

At Platinum, you now get two comp meals for two: One at Cagney's/LeBistro the other at Moderno/La Cucina. That's nice.

The comp bottle of sparkling wine now applies to everyone, not just platinum (you really weren't missing anything.)

Free Internet minutes for Platinum and above

Other minor items: No more ship pins, or at least not complimentary. NBD for me, but I know many collect them. Ditto for the "nightly chocolate" which was just a chocolate mint on your pillow, and the "Welcome Gift" which was a mini box of Godiva Chocolate.

Thoughts?

I notice that now there is only one bottle of wine for platinum for just one restaurant, for the second restaurant there is no wine is that correct?

I notice that now there is only one bottle of wine for platinum for just one restaurant, for the second restaurant there is no wine is that correct?

That is correct, though it's still probably a wash since Cagneys is a more expensive restaurant. In my case, I get the bar package so it's a non-issue, plus I sail in my own cabin so I get 2 meals instead of one. However, for platinum couples sailing together, I can understand why they might be a bit disappointed.

That is correct, though it's still probably a wash since Cagneys is a more expensive restaurant. In my case, I get the bar package so it's a non-issue, plus I sail in my own cabin so I get 2 meals instead of one. However, for platinum couples sailing together, I can understand why they might be a bit disappointed.

I am not a drinker so i don't get the drink package, the wine for me was enough and maybe one or two cocktails and on that note i wish one of the perks would have been cocktail vouchers for two :D. I am a little disappointed they took away one of my bottles of wine.

• 5 months later...
The dinner changes are the only flaw I see in their logic. If you're one platinum member in a Cabin, you get double what you used to get. If you have 2 in a cabin, it's kind of wash, minus the wine at the second dinner. If you have 3 or 4 platinum members in a cabin or suite, then I guess whoever gets the short straw gets nothing.

Exactly, so you are penalized for traveling with other frequent travelers...We (3 platinum members) are staying in a 2 bedroom suite in September. Are we to pull names from a hat to see who actually receives the "loyalty benefits"?...Since for one of us it will be their first cruise at platinum (although we all had to work just as hard to get there), we will likely feel guilty if we don't allow them to use the dinners. Food for thought. For a long time I have been hesitant to travel on other lines because I enjoyed being recognized as a return guest. Now, I am more open to the idea. Many of the other benefits are already included with Haven Suites, so the dinners were one of the only benefits that counted. It may sound silly that we are willing to spend the extra to upgrade but are bummed about the free dinner, but it was a nice gesture that we appreciated.

Thank you Norwegian for convincing me that it is a good idea to try other cruise lines.

Exactly, so you are penalized for traveling with other frequent travelers...We (3 platinum members) are staying in a 2 bedroom suite in September. Are we to pull names from a hat to see who actually receives the "loyalty benefits"?...Since for one of us it will be their first cruise at platinum (although we all had to work just as hard to get there), we will likely feel guilty if we don't allow them to use the dinners. Food for thought. For a long time I have been hesitant to travel on other lines because I enjoyed being recognized as a return guest. Now, I am more open to the idea. Many of the other benefits are already included with Haven Suites, so the dinners were one of the only benefits that counted. It may sound silly that we are willing to spend the extra to upgrade but are bummed about the free dinner, but it was a nice gesture that we appreciated.

Thank you Norwegian for convincing me that it is a good idea to try other cruise lines.

Check the FAQs on the website for latitudes. It states that the 3rd person in the cabin that is platinum will get a voucher for 1 dinner for 2 nights.

Check the FAQs on the website for latitudes. It states that the 3rd person in the cabin that is platinum will get a voucher for 1 dinner for 2 nights.

Good to know!! I think that was added recently as it was not there when it first was published and there was a lot of complaining about it.

From NCL FAQ's: https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

That is really helpful. I don't recall seeing that previously.