Eating on Deck on QM II

But as always 'weather permitting'. Apparently it's wet up north on Les's cruise according to that thing that shall not be named. We had stunning weather up the northern coast of Australia but a week later it was dreadful. The boardwalk was open for us pretty much until we neared Shanghai. Then closed for the rest of the trip as weather was cold and drizzly.

I'm betting it will be open Singapore to Dubai. Hot hot hot. Will still enjoy my hot chocolate on the teak deck.

Shame for Uncle. I suppose the Golden Lion is a great fall back, they do the pub lunches as well.

Shame for Uncle. I suppose the Golden Lion is a great fall back, they do the pub lunches as well.

They do indeed but it's extremely popular aka busy. Enjoyed a nice curry there. I had never tried mushy peas until recently. I didn't realise how nice they are. Might give them a try next time.

I would often be there with a table for the trivia and then stay for a lunch.

Trivia makes me gnarly. On last trip on QM2 one of the answers (Aussie history) was wrong. The host refused to correct it saying he couldn't change it as it was on his paper. At which point I decided it was pointless.

Trivia makes me gnarly. On last trip on QM2 one of the answers (Aussie history) was wrong. The host refused to correct it saying he couldn't change it as it was on his paper. At which point I decided it was pointless.

I've had many similar experiences

What side of the apple is the bite out of on the apple logo (depends left side of apple, my right).

How many wheels on a semi trailer, (varies, Americans call them an 18 wheeler, most in Aus have 22).

Who was the first female Lord Mayor in Australia, they had Sallyanne Atkinson (Brisbane) who was about 15 years after Joy Cummings in Newcastle.

Now, is it worth getting upset over? no way.

But does it ruin the fun when they get three or four answers wrong in 20 questions? Sure does.

I've had many similar experiences

What side of the apple is the bite out of on the apple logo (depends left side of apple, my right).

How many wheels on a semi trailer, (varies, Americans call them an 18 wheeler, most in Aus have 22).

Who was the first female Lord Mayor in Australia, they had Sallyanne Atkinson (Brisbane) who was about 15 years after Joy Cummings in Newcastle.

Now, is it worth getting upset over? no way.

But does it ruin the fun when they get three or four answers wrong in 20 questions? Sure does.

Not worth getting upset over but also not worth participating as it gets too random.

Not worth getting upset over but also not worth participating as it gets too random.

And then one cruise it was all, rearrange this photo of a celebrity to tell who they are, or re arrange these letters to make a word, not Trivia but puzzles.

Google says Greenland. Go figure.

Yes, exactly. They google the answers for the quizzes and wonder why they are wrong.

I grew up with Australia being the largest island, smallest Continent, apparently now we are neither.

And then one cruise it was all, rearrange this photo of a celebrity to tell who they are, or re arrange these letters to make a word, not Trivia but puzzles.

The trivia part is knowing the random Celebrity, not sure about the word ones.:confused:

Yes, exactly. They google the answers for the quizzes and wonder why they are wrong.

I grew up with Australia being the largest island, smallest Continent, apparently now we are neither.

Maybe largest Continental Island?

Same here.

And poor old Pluto was a planet, seems uncertain now.