Is this you?

flutepilot

Let's say someone is sitting on a lounger by the pool. He/she is covered head to toe to protect from the sun, yet the lounger is in a prime sunbathing spot. Do you really expect him/her to move to a shady spot so that someone else can have the sunny area?

How about Serenity? Someone is napping in a clam shell. Should that person go back to his/her cabin and nap so that someone else can sit in the coveted clam shell?

Being considerate goes both ways.

Sorry, but not even remotely close to the references to tables in the buffet during dining time. BTW, no one said you can't be loud and have fun in a lounge playing cards. You're the type that many here are referring to no matter how you try to justify it. You wouldn't move your card game to a lounge from the buffet so a group of seniors could eat their breakfast ...... period. You'd make them stand and eat before you'd have the courtesy to move to one of a million other places.

It's exactly the same. Someone is using a table/deck chair/clam shell in a way that others don't agree.

Having sailed many cruises, we've never seen anyone having to stand while eating at the buffet. There is more than adequate seating for people to enjoy their meals.

You are assuming that we are sitting right by one of the buffet lines. You know what happens when you assume...We most certainly are not. We find a place off to the side, away from the lines but still in the buffet area.

Some (or none) might have misconstrued what I've said from the start. If four of us are at a four top lingering over a meal, reading from a book or Kindle, playing cards or dominoes at a any table from bow to stern on the lido deck we have no obligation to move once we finish a meal.

I've been on lots of ships and never seen where there was no place for someone to sit down.

This entire thread has seen people take a stand on their perception versus what Carnival posts as rules or guidelines.

If their is an open seat at my table and a family member or friend hasn't gone for a refill or to the bathroom then please sit down.

Asking me to move just because we appear to be finished eating will generate no movement except a verbal response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO the considerate thing to do if its a busy time and you're not eating or drinking is go somewhere else. Do you have any obligation to leave? No, but if I'm planning on staying put for a few hours I'd rather do it in an area meant for that.

Edited by hotsauce126

On the topic of asking to sit with others during the rush.

During a girls trip my friend and I got all dressed to the nines with lots of time spent on hair and make up to go dancing on the first night of our cruise. We met some really fun people, had too much to drink and danced into the wee hours of the morning. Around noon the next day we made it up to the buffet for "breakfast"- hiding under baseball caps, sunglasses, sweatpants and of course no makeup and probably some "bedhead" going on. The tables were pretty well full but we spotted two women we had met the night before and went right over to say hello and ask to sit with them. They both politely offered the chairs, but through the course of trying to strike up a conversation about the night before, things got really awkward. They gave my friend and I really weird looks and avoided our questions. :confused: We finally said hey "Lucy and Ethel" is something wrong? They replied with, "We don't even know yall?" :mad: We said, umm we're "Thelma and Louise" from last night.. Both ladies' eyes got HUGE:eek: and they said almost in unison, "You all look rough! We didn't even recognize you!" "It's like extreme makeover only opposite!" :o:D They were embarrassed but we thought it was funny, (we know we cleanup well) ;) and we all had a great cruise together.