Is this you?

flutepilot

Dan If you are ever on the same cruise as my wife and I, and we are taking up a four top table with just two PLEASE ask to join us.

We have been in similar situation, seated or asked to be seated with, a number of times. Never been bothered with it.

Ok so at first I thought big deal wait a couple of minutes and a table will open up. Then. I thought about my daughter who has 4 soon to be 5 children. I know they would never take a cruise, but if they did, can you imagine standing holding meals while waiting for a table because someone has chosen there to play cards. So, I guess my final opinion is move the card game elsewhere. Someone may truly need the table.

Was that you?

My husband and I sat at a Lido table for two and started to play cards after we'd finished breakfast. No one was around. A huge late breakfast/early lunch crowd descended and the place filled up quickly. I noticed one man walking around with his plate, looking for a spot. I called him over to let him know the seat next to us was available. He sat down and then reprimanded my husband and me for playing cards while people were trying to find a spot to eat.

We were not rude to play cards. You were rude to feel entitled. You're on a cruise, fun guy. Lighten up.

Wow would have asked him to leave.

There are plenty of other places to do that on the ship especially when there are families or seniors holding their trays standing their desperately looking for a place to sit and eat.

Maybe the seniors and families can find a table prior to going to the buffet line?

At least on Glory, one thing we really liked was even during the busiest times, we ALWAYS found a table. Usually a good table with a view, too. Plenty of seating, seemed well designed in that regard.

This has been, and will continue to be, us.

We have every right to play cards, dominoes, etc. wherever and whenever we want. Please show me where Carnival states otherwise.

Absolutely. We do the same thing at a lido table at the aft pool, a table near the burrito bar or wherever else we want on the lido.

If that offends the OP or anyone else book the Valor in July or the Breeze in December and prepare yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

During really busy times, we will try to find a table PRIOR to getting our food. So you may would see either me or my hubby sitting at a table playing with our phone while the other is in line getting food. We will either swap out or the one in line will get food for both of us.

If the only table available was a four topper, we will take it. If someone asks, we will be glad to let them share a table with us. We have also invited people to share our table and also asked to share a table that wasn't full. It is always easier to do these things if you have a smile on your face instead of a grumpy face.:)

I am an early riser... my husband is not.

To allow him some time to continue sleeping, I head to the buffet early and enjoy my coffee/croissant by the window and people watch.

I have met so many people this way, usually by offering help or small talk when they are looking for a table.

We rarely go to the buffet if it is crowded... usually going a bit earlier or later will help with the "Where can we sit?" dilemma.

I would never ask someone who was already seated to move, or consider it rude that they didn't get up. It's a cardinal rule in restaurants that you never move a guest after they are already seated. No matter if they are two people sitting at a table for 8, and 8 people just walked in. You find another way, or make the table of 8 wait for a bit until other diners leave.

These responses kill me. Just further evidence of people these days being inconsiderate and being oblivious to everyone else around them. It's not about whether it's against the rules, it's about common courtesy. Like someone said, there are plenty of places on the ship to play cards or dominos. I would never take up one of these tables to do that and make someone else stand up and eat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok so at first I thought big deal wait a couple of minutes and a table will open up. Then. I thought about my daughter who has 4 soon to be 5 children. I know they would never take a cruise, but if they did, can you imagine standing holding meals while waiting for a table because someone has chosen there to play cards. So, I guess my final opinion is move the card game elsewhere. Someone may truly need the table.
Your opinion is correct.

These responses kill me. Just further evidence of people these days being inconsiderate and being oblivious to everyone else around them. It's not about whether it's against the rules, it's about common courtesy. Like someone said, there are plenty of places on the ship to play cards or dominos. I would never take up one of these tables to do that and make someone else stand up and eat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A voice out of the wilderness. ;)

Your opinion is also 100% correct and considerate. It's not about rights and expectations but about simple courtesy towards others. They are indeed oblivious ....... When we are done eating we move to a different area so others may sit when the buffet is crowded with limited seating. The others have the "me first and too bad for you" attitude.

Man I need to rethink the way I think. When I am on a cruise or anywhere for that matter I always think about others. Like if my kids are playing something and other kids are waiting I tell them to share or I say come on kids let everyone have a turn. Or if I see a large line of people waiting to get into a restaurant I leave promptly after eating to give everyone a chance to eat. I also allow people to merge on the highway, etc.. Maybe I need to rethink myself. Lol

Man I need to rethink the way I think. When I am on a cruise or anywhere for that matter I always think about others. Like if my kids are playing something and other kids are waiting I tell them to share or I say come on kids let everyone have a turn. Or if I see a large line of people waiting to get into a restaurant I leave promptly after eating to give everyone a chance to eat. I also allow people to merge on the highway, etc.. Maybe I need to rethink myself. Lol

Please don't rethink!!! LOL I think many of us would like to cruise on the same ship as you. Imagine if an entire ship was being thoughtful. I might book a back to back. :D

Man I need to rethink the way I think. When I am on a cruise or anywhere for that matter I always think about others. Like if my kids are playing something and other kids are waiting I tell them to share or I say come on kids let everyone have a turn. Or if I see a large line of people waiting to get into a restaurant I leave promptly after eating to give everyone a chance to eat.
Not some of these other people. They'll sit there oblivious in the busy buffet and say "Wow, it's busy in here, look how many people are trying to find a place to sit and eat" ..... as they play Euchre ....... instead of in one of a hundred quiet lounges.

Call it what you want, but only a few seats are on the front two rows of the theatre, only a select number of loungers are right by the pool and the list grows.

The same could be said for the tables in someone's favorite spot.

As long as the host (Carnival in this case) doesn't have an issue with my family and friends domino game at a lido deck table then move along, there's nothing to see here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call it what you want, but only a few seats are on the front two rows of the theatre, only a select number of loungers are right by the pool and the list grows.

The same could be said for the tables in someone's favorite spot.

As long as the host (Carnival in this case) doesn't have an issue with my family and friends domino game at a lido deck table then move along, there's nothing to see here.

I don't think anyone is referring to activities at tables by the pools or else ware on the lido deck, just in the buffet when it's crowded and not enough seats for all who wish to simply eat and go.

I've been reading this thread since the OP. I guess I'm kind of sad about it. What happened to simply being considerate to those around you? Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if we thought about our actions/inactions? Just a thought.

Of course it would but mom always said " it's a dog eat dog world " and she was right. That said, hope springs eternal that humans be considerate of others.

I've been reading this thread since the OP. I guess I'm kind of sad about it. What happened to simply being considerate to those around you? Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if we thought about our actions/inactions? Just a thought.

Let's say someone is sitting on a lounger by the pool. He/she is covered head to toe to protect from the sun, yet the lounger is in a prime sunbathing spot. Do you really expect him/her to move to a shady spot so that someone else can have the sunny area?

How about Serenity? Someone is napping in a clam shell. Should that person go back to his/her cabin and nap so that someone else can sit in the coveted clam shell?

Being considerate goes both ways.

Edited by stargate fan

Let's say someone is sitting on a lounger by the pool. He/she is covered head to toe to protect from the sun, yet the lounger is in a prime sunbathing spot. Do you really expect him/her to move to a shady spot so that someone else can have the sunny area?

How about Serenity? Someone is napping in a clam shell. Should that person go back to his/her cabin and nap so that someone else can sit in the coveted clam shell?

Bless your heart. Have a nice day.

Not some of these other people. They'll sit there oblivious in the busy buffet and say "Wow, it's busy in here, look how many people are trying to find a place to sit and eat" ..... as they play Euchre ....... instead of in one of a hundred quiet lounges.

We don't want to play games in "one of a hundred quiet lounges." We love to laugh and talk when we play. We are loud while having fun.

Sorry, but not even remotely close to the references to tables in the buffet during dining time. BTW, no one said you can't be loud and have fun in a lounge playing cards. You're the type that many here are referring to no matter how you try to justify it. You wouldn't move your card game to a lounge from the buffet so a group of seniors could eat their breakfast ...... period. You'd make them stand and eat before you'd have the courtesy to move to one of a million other places.

Ah, that southern charm. ;)

I noticed you didn't answer the questions, though.

No, I didn't. I thought it was a stupid question. It's apples and oranges and not a valid comparison. Sometimes we use Southern charm so we don't offend someone by calling their questions stupid.