Eclipse 30.07.2017 shore trips St Petersburg

Wozbug46

Hello everyone my name is Jayne and I will be travelling on the eclipse with my husband Warren and my son Tyler who is 13. I was wondering if anybody would like to get together on a trip in St Petersburg. everything seems a little full on so we were wanting to get together with a like-minded people who want to take things at a more leisurely pace but still get lots of photo opportunities. We would really like to go on the Metro, see some local markets perhaps go to some restaurants to sample proper Russian cuisine would also like to take in the church of the spilled blood but not bothered about actually going into the Hermitage. please reply back to this thread if anybody would like to join us on a more relaxed trip hope to hear from you soon !

Welcome to Cruise Critic. the place to connect with others on your cruise who might like to share tours is on the ROLL CALL for your cruise. To find yours, go to the upper left of this page, right above the 'post reply' button and click on Find Your Celebrity Roll Call and follow the instructions. EM

Hello everyone my name is Jayne and I will be travelling on the eclipse with my husband Warren and my son Tyler who is 13. I was wondering if anybody would like to get together on a trip in St Petersburg. everything seems a little full on so we were wanting to get together with a like-minded people who want to take things at a more leisurely pace but still get lots of photo opportunities. We would really like to go on the Metro, see some local markets perhaps go to some restaurants to sample proper Russian cuisine would also like to take in the church of the spilled blood but not bothered about actually going into the Hermitage. please reply back to this thread if anybody would like to join us on a more relaxed trip hope to hear from you soon !

I'm not sure of your citizenship, but you may need to procure your own visas if you are planning to explore St Petersburg on your own. At least for US citizens a visa is required, but all of the shore excursions and many tour operators handle the visa issue for their tours and excursions. Most US citizens on cruises use tour operators in St Petersburg to avoid the visa issua.

Yes lovely, I know we have to go on an organised tour but you are able to get a group together and arrange your own itinerary. Hence my post looking for like minded families who want to take a more leisurely pace and see more of what the want to see instead of seeing everything in a rushed manner . Any takers????

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It's a great place for info. You are on the Celebrity general board and here is the link for the roll call for your specific cruise that others have been telling you about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2387558

Hope you find some on here who want to join you. if not, I would recommend Den Rus, but I think all the companies who offer tours are good.

• 4 months later...

HI Jayne, my husband and myself are also travelling on the Baltic cruise leaving 30th July 2017. We r thinking of doing a 2 day tour in St Petersburg then on the 3rd day doing some sightseeing ourselves. We are from Cape Town, South Africa and I have heard that South Africans don't need visas for Russia. Our names are Rene and Amir. Hope to meet you on board

HI Jayne, my husband and myself are also travelling on the Baltic cruise leaving 30th July 2017. We r thinking of doing a 2 day tour in St Petersburg then on the 3rd day doing some sightseeing ourselves. We are from Cape Town, South Africa and I have heard that South Africans don't need visas for Russia. Our names are Rene and Amir. Hope to meet you on board

That's interesting and great that you do not require a visa.

Have you joined your roll call for this cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums