Harmony 1 bed Aqua Theater Suite Info-Help

benzygirl

We are in cabin 11730. Am beginning to wonder how noisy this cabin will be with the aqua theater shows so close. Haven't read any reviews or heard any pros/cons on these 1 bedrooms. Appreciate any input.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks!

Someone posted this youtube for Harmony 11330 if it helps -

Looks a bit bigger than the 11730 we had on Oasis last year - layout is very similar.

John

I don't think it's anywhere near the brochure sizes

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

I don't think it's anywhere near the brochure sizes

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Looking at the Harmony video vs my recollections - I was expecting the Harmony option to be larger than it appeared.

John

Edited by nacdcruiser

We are in cabin 11730. Am beginning to wonder how noisy this cabin will be with the aqua theater shows so close. Appreciate any input.Can anyone help me here?

Thanks!

re noise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52010306&highlight=NOISE#post52010306

"But gf and I looked at each other and we knew we were just simply done! This was the first RCL cruise that I ended missing my most favorite event to participate in. Ah well, it was meant to be. We needed to bed and get rest.

Funny thing is we got to our room and it was filled with loud noise from outside. I immediately went outside the balcony to see what was up as I did not remember seeing a show scheduled i the Aqua Theatre... if you look at the compass closely it shows that Star Trek was playing on the big screens... and boy oh boy was it LLLLOOOUUUUDDD. Even with the sliding door and my earplugs in, you can definitely hear the drone and the lower tones/bass of the movie. GRRRRRR:mad:

We did not get to sleep right away and had to wait for the movie to finish before we could fully crash."

This is my balcony video of 11330 on Allure.

Room Photos: https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/24

Just from watching the video...

Entry way is broken up

Living room looks the same size

Bedroom looked to be larger

Bathroom has dual sinks, shower, and tub. Does look a bit larger.

Balcony has a 4 top table on Harmony.

Balcony looked to be the same depth, other than the point.

Noise on Allure

Did hear muffled noise on the living room side, bedroom side quiet. Did seem less noisy than the previous Boardwalk Balcony room from a previous cruise.

Noise problem with the Boardwalk Balcony rooms could be caused by the AuqaTheater and Boardwalk creating a sound funnel. The suites are not as impacted due to them being just outside of the funnel.

Sent from a mobile device

This is my balcony video of 11330 on Allure.

Room Photos: https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/24

Just from watching the video...

Entry way is broken up

Living room looks the same size

Bedroom looked to be larger

Bathroom has dual sinks, shower, and tub. Does look a bit larger.

Balcony has a 4 top table on Harmony.

Balcony looked to be the same depth, other than the point.

Noise on Allure

Did hear muffled noise on the living room side, bedroom side quiet. Did seem less noisy than the previous Boardwalk Balcony room from a previous cruise.

Noise problem with the Boardwalk Balcony rooms could be caused by the AuqaTheater and Boardwalk creating a sound funnel. The suites are not as impacted due to them being just outside of the funnel.

So, in your humble opinion, would you say that the Harmony cabin is 150 sqft larger than Allure and the balcony also about 150 sqft larger? that is a total of 300 sqft, about the size of two std cabins. I just don't see it.

I have been in the Deck 12 Aft GS on Oasis (old name). I don't see that big a change to rear profile of the decks from the photos I have seen of Harmony so far. But the brochure numbers are substantially larger.

Edited by John&LaLa

Technically on Allure it was the same case, GS later rebranded.

Room, a bit larger once the bathroom is factored. Never did get a great look at the entry/foyer. Plus the living room might have been a hair wider. Those little bits do add up.

Balcony, with that much linear footage it is possible that it might have been a foot deeper.

Would say combined spaces (balcony&room) definitely had 150 sq more. The other 150, until I see it first hand in May can't really comment.

Hey benzygirl, willing to let me do a private photo session with the suite in May!

I'll do my best and bring a copy of the Allure prints so I can get the same angles.

Edited by chandom

technically on allure it was the same case, gs later rebranded.

Room, a bit larger once the bathroom is factored. Never did get a great look at the entry/foyer. Plus the living room might have been a hair wider. Those little bits do add up.

Balcony, with that much linear footage it is possible that it might have been a foot deeper.

Would say combined spaces (balcony&room) definitely had 150 sq more. The other 150, until i see it first hand in may can't really comment.

Hey benzygirl, willing to let me do a private photo session with the suite in may!

I'll do my best and bring a copy of the allure prints so i can get the same angles.

you got it babe!

• 1 month later...

I still haven't had a chance to post pics or videos of our ATS (11330) on Harmony, but a few people who have stayed in 11330 on Allure said Harmony's Suite is bigger both on the inside, much much bigger and the deck!

Our suite had a double entrance door. Our room Suite Attendant said this was the ONLY ATS that had this entrance. Behind the 1st door there is a lil Room that has 2 doors. The Suite entrance and a Mechanical Room entrance. I never heard or seen anyone come or go from the door, but I think it actually added more to the advertised size of the balcony....

We were in 11730 the last week of January. LOTS of improvements over ATS on Oasis and Allure. The balcony extra sq ft is averaged over the full balcony as it wraps around. I would say at least a foot wider on each side and the "bump out" will now hold a full table and 4 chairs, as well as the 2 loungers.

The bathroom is the size of an OS with both tub and shower. Huge.

More storage space in the bedroom and the living area. Very nice cabin with all the improvements.

If you are outside on the balcony the movie, shows or other entertainment (including practices for the aqua show) can be annoying. Inside, we never heard any noise at all from any shows. The bedroom is on the outside portion of the cabin (facing the sea) so there is no noise in the bedroom at all. We kept the sliding doors closed.

Hope this helps. Will try to post some pics from my phone later.

LilBlackDress...did you get any priority on dinner reservations or show seating? I know there isn't a genie so who offered you any special help if anyone? Love your name!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!! It's actually from a song!

In the MDR, there were 2 lines for MTD, 1 Line was for Suite Guests and people with reservations, the other line was for people without reservations.

For Coastal Kitchen it says the 'require reservations' for dinner, Smart Casual attire. I saw people in line, dressed in shorts and wearing flip flops, get seated with no reservations. So not sure what to say there

Specialty Restaurants, we made reservations for, not sure if you can just show up...

In the Royal Theater and Aqua Theater there was a special section for Suite Guests and Pinnacles, just show your SeaPass and they will show you where to sit. I would think there would be a special section for the Ice Skating Show as well, we sat with my stepson who was not in a suite.

The Attic (Comedy Club) was small, again 2 lines, those with reservations and those without. I don't know if suite guests get any priority without reservations, There were signs saying "reserved" on some tables, again not sure if this was for suites or not as we just sat in the front.... Big Mistake to sit there if the main act isn't funny :eek:

There are 2 concierges that would be willing to help with anything possible. We never had to use their services....