Bow cabin c102, Diamond Princess

welshladyb

Thinking about this cabin on the Diamond Princess. Anyone had this one or one of the others in the bow on Caribe or Baja decks. Tried to find photos and am I correct in thinking these cabins have floor to ceiling window and a "balcony" that can only be used when in port?

Thanks.

Thinking about this cabin on the Diamond Princess. Anyone had this one or one of the others in the bow on Caribe or Baja decks. Tried to find photos and am I correct in thinking these cabins have floor to ceiling window and a "balcony" that can only be used when in port?

Thanks.

This is an oceanview cabin - no balcony.

Things may have changed since I was on the Diamond in 2008 - in B 100 - the doors were never locked and we had access to the balcony which was fab for the inside passage - it also had balcony furniture as well. The photo shows the view we had coming into Glacier Bay. Only down side is the motion you feel in this cabin when the sea is rough

2122982316_Alaska177.jpg.f09925b29b86a66e91191cee74565dff.jpg

Thanks for the pic and your info. Bwindi.

I do have a pic from the Internet that shows the area in front of the cabin that looks very similar to yours.

The lady who posted the pic says that the "balcony" is for use in port only.Don't know the reason.

As I thought the motion in rougher seas would be greater. Just hope the seas are not rough.......

Thanks again

image.jpg.012cb680879962bc3e9bb0f223dcc6b8.jpg

Tried to find photos and am I correct in thinking these cabins have floor to ceiling window and a "balcony" that can only be used when in port?

Thanks.

Yes, you are basically correct.

Had one of these cabins around Japan a few years ago.

I think the doors were locked at sea and opened in port on my cruise.

I think I have read other reports of them not being locked at all (as previous post)

I guess it would depend on sea conditions and the bridge team.

IF I had one again and seas were calm in a scenic area I would ask if they could be opened.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

You may be asked to keep curtains closed at night so as not to affect the bridge.

PS: you won't need an alarm clock when the anchor goes down !

Edited by Opua Kiwi