Transportation to Port Canaveral

hgorski

Hi! We will be sailing Majesty of the Seas in September and will be staying at a hotel on cocoa beach in Port Canaveral. What is the best and cheapest way to get to the ship that morning from the hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, who has everyone used to get from the Orlando airport to cocoa beach??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used "Cocoa Beach shuttle" recommended by the hotel, they make several runs a day, we didn't have long to wait.

Hi! We will be sailing Majesty of the Seas in September and will be staying at a hotel on cocoa beach in Port Canaveral. What is the best and cheapest way to get to the ship that morning from the hotel?

Also, who has everyone used to get from the Orlando airport to cocoa beach??

We used a one way rental car from MCO to get to our pre-cruise hotel and then dropped the rental car off in Cape Canaveral. Most if not all car rental locations there offer complimentary shuttles to the port. Total cost of our Budget one day one way rental two years ago was around $65, gas was less than $15, $12 I believe and the expressway tolls. It was a bargain as there were four of us going on that Freedom cruise. Also had the car to pick up our bottles of wine and cruise supplies, such as water and soda.

Also used a Budget one way rental car to get back to MCO.

Edited by robtulipe

We also booked one-way car rental for under $100 each way. We pick up Hertz rental at Orlando airport and drive to our hotel in cocoa beach the day before cruise, picking up champagne and other items along the way :) Drop off car in Port Canaveral next morning and hop complimentary shuttle to cruise ship. After cruise, hop complimentary shuttle to Avis rental and leisurely drive back to the airport in Orlando to catch our flight.

It is a very easy drive over there, don't be concerned at all about driving. We love the convenience of having a car, we get early flights so we have a long time to bum around. We use a comparative website for rentals, usually different companies are cheaper each direction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Uber is readily available in the Cocoa Beach area.

For transit from MCO to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, I typically use Smart-Two Shuttles if I'm interested in avoiding the hassle of a rental car.

This is who we have booked round trip. How many people were in your van and how many stops? That was my only problem; they aren't private transport. But with max 8 people per van and there are 4 of us there can't be too many other stops...

I learned the other day in calling Cortrans, if you need a shuttle from the Airport over, they don't go past 12:30 so if you have a flight arriving later, your out of luck. I was referred to Cocoa Beach Shuttle so plan on using them.

Plus, when I contacted Cortrans they have a fixed pickup schedule so if you miss it you have to wait for the next one.

I have quotes from ACE Luxury Transport for MCO to Hotel, Hotel to Port, and Port to MCO. We have four adults and two kids who need car seats. MCO to Hotel is $200, Hotel to Port is $168, and Port to MCO is $168.