Hotel parking for duration of cruise?

bucky0926

When DH and I left from Port Canaveral we were able to book a hotel that had a shuttle to the port and we were able to leave our car there for the duration no charge. Is there any thing like this for Port Everglades? And if so which do you recommend/which to avoid? Thanks

When DH and I left from Port Canaveral we were able to book a hotel that had a shuttle to the port and we were able to leave our car there for the duration no charge. Is there any thing like this for Port Everglades? And if so which do you recommend/which to avoid? Thanks

La Quinta Inn-FLL Airport will allow you to park up to 14 days with a night's stay. Unfortunately, they do not have a port shuttle so you will have to taxi/Uber to and from Port Everglades. Other hotels offer "Park and Cruise" rates but their rates are jacked up to pay for parking. At La Quinta simply book a room then tell them at the front desk when you check-in or check-out you plan to leave your car.

La Quinta Inn-FLL Airport will allow you to park up to 14 days with a night's stay. Unfortunately, they do not have a port shuttle so you will have to taxi/Uber to and from Port Everglades. Other hotels offer "Park and Cruise" rates but their rates are jacked up to pay for parking. At La Quinta simply book a room then tell them at the front desk when you check-in or check-out you plan to leave your car.

They now offer a shuttle to and from PE for $23 per person. On your recommendation I booked this hotel for March.

They now offer a shuttle to and from PE for $23 per person. On your recommendation I booked this hotel for March.

$23 is too high, especially if that is per person unless it is roundtrip. A taxi would be about that with Uber less.

If parking is only $10 per night at the port I'm thinking about staying at a less expensive hotel since we will have a car to go to eat where ever we want and don't have to worry about being close to food, etc. I also don't have to worry about shuttles and cabs to/from PE. I'm thinking this makes sense. Are there any flaws in the plan that I'm not aware of? Will my car be safe at the port (its a new fully loaded Rogue and while its not a fancy car I will be paying it off for the next 3 years and want to keep it new looking and not be broken into). After we have prked is getting from the parking to the actual port itself a hassel? I', assuming that they have shuttles that pick people up in the parking area.

If parking is only $10 per night at the port I'm thinking about staying at a less expensive hotel since we will have a car to go to eat where ever we want and don't have to worry about being close to food, etc. I also don't have to worry about shuttles and cabs to/from PE. I'm thinking this makes sense. Are there any flaws in the plan that I'm not aware of? Will my car be safe at the port (its a new fully loaded Rogue and while its not a fancy car I will be paying it off for the next 3 years and want to keep it new looking and not be broken into). After we have prked is getting from the parking to the actual port itself a hassel? I', assuming that they have shuttles that pick people up in the parking area.

As John said, parking is $15 per day at PE. While La Quinta Inn-FLL is good, it's still a less expensive hotel. You're simply not going to beat leaving your car for up to 14 days for free when you stay for one night at their lowest rate available.

So now that I am aware is costs $15 at the port I am I still better off there as opposed to paying the higher "cruise" package price and having to take a cab or an uber back and forth? Also wouldn't my car be safer at the port? I'm thinking if you know that cruise guest are gone for at least a week wouldn't a car thief want to target the cars that haven't moved in 3 or 4 days? By the time you get back your car is long gone. Or is that just the New Yorker paranoid coming out in me? LOL

When I cruise out of Port Everglades I always use Park N Go on Eller Drive. Very close to the port, shuttles are very frequent in both directions, and it's also good if you are doing a transatlantic and flying into or out of FLL on one end and going in/out of Port Everglades on the other end because they have free airport shuttles as well.

Plus they give you a free bottle of water on your way out for the drive home. And they are about half the price of parking at the port.

So now that I am aware is costs $15 at the port I am I still better off there as opposed to paying the higher "cruise" package price and having to take a cab or an uber back and forth? Also wouldn't my car be safer at the port? I'm thinking if you know that cruise guest are gone for at least a week wouldn't a car thief want to target the cars that haven't moved in 3 or 4 days? By the time you get back your car is long gone. Or is that just the New Yorker paranoid coming out in me? LOL

Again, La Quinta is totally free with no need to book any kind of package. You will have to take a taxi or Uber to and from the port. Taxi fare should be around $20 each way and I have no idea about Uber. Whether it's worth it depends on how long your cruise is. If you are on a 3 or 4 day cruise you might as well park at the port.

I'm thinking if you know that cruise guest are gone for at least a week wouldn't a car thief want to target the cars that haven't moved in 3 or 4 days? By the time you get back your car is long gone. Or is that just the New Yorker paranoid coming out in me? LOL

While New York car thieves may have the luxury of a 3 or 4 day stalking/surveillance period, here in South Florida it's more of a "Gone In 60 Seconds" event regardless of where you are parked.

I'm thinking if you know that cruise guest are gone for at least a week wouldn't a car thief want to target the cars that haven't moved in 3 or 4 days? By the time you get back your car is long gone. Or is that just the New Yorker paranoid coming out in me? LOL

While New York car thieves may have the luxury of a 3 or 4 day stalking/surveillance period, here in South Florida it's more of a "Gone In 60 Seconds" event regardless of where you are parked. This includes Law Enforcement vehicles from time to time, too.

When I cruise out of Port Everglades I always use Park N Go on Eller Drive. Very close to the port, shuttles are very frequent in both directions, and it's also good if you are doing a transatlantic and flying into or out of FLL on one end and going in/out of Port Everglades on the other end because they have free airport shuttles as well.

Plus they give you a free bottle of water on your way out for the drive home. And they are about half the price of parking at the port.

I have no problem with a parking place except if I have to leave my keys (this is usually the situation in NY which is why we cab it to the airports). Is it required to leave your keys so they can move your car?

Again, La Quinta is totally free with no need to book any kind of package. You will have to take a taxi or Uber to and from the port. Taxi fare should be around $20 each way and I have no idea about Uber. Whether it's worth it depends on how long your cruise is. If you are on a 3 or 4 day cruise you might as well park at the port.

My cruise is for 7 days and we have used La Quinta in PC without a problem. However last time I checked my dates were unavailable. With the price being approx. $135 per night and $40 to cab back and forth I figure its about 80.00 to stay there extra (saw lots of places that were around $90). So for $25 I think I rather have it with me. But if something opens up and prices are a little more reasonable I would reconsider.

My cruise is for 7 days and we have used La Quinta in PC without a problem. However last time I checked my dates were unavailable. With the price being approx. $135 per night and $40 to cab back and forth I figure its about 80.00 to stay there extra (saw lots of places that were around $90). So for $25 I think I rather have it with me. But if something opens up and prices are a little more reasonable I would reconsider.

When are you dates?

While New York car thieves may have the luxury of a 3 or 4 day stalking/surveillance period, here in South Florida it's more of a "Gone In 60 Seconds" event regardless of where you are parked. This includes Law Enforcement vehicles from time to time, too.

NY thieves take it just as fast. Years ago I didn't park my car in my garage for just one evening because I was in a car accident earlier that day and hurt my hand and didn't want to lift the garage door. Next day my Honda Accord was gone. They found it a week later cut in half (literally) where the front half was no longer attached to the back half. Car was totaled of course. I'm just wondering if the thieves know which hotels let you stay for the duration of your cruise and target them more frequently. I'm guessing not because I think we would hear about those incidents on these boards pretty quickly.

I have no problem with a parking place except if I have to leave my keys (this is usually the situation in NY which is why we cab it to the airports). Is it required to leave your keys so they can move your car?

Yes, you have to leave your keys. But they also park it for you, so you can head right off on the bus to the port. It's not anything I worry about, but then again I drive an 8 year old Toyota Matrix so I don't really think anyone's going to want to take it out for a joyride. Plus the lot is fenced and gated and manned 24 hours.

But you need to decide what you're comfortable with, and if leaving your keys makes you more nervous than leaving your car in a hotel parking lot but keeping your keys with you, then Park N Go isn't for you. :)