Day by Day on the Island Princess thru Panama Canal

GweninTX

hello and thanks for your very descriptive vacation on Island Princess. We are considering the SA 60 day cruise next January on the Island P. Can you please let us know your thoughts? The gym size and equipment? Do Platinum still have the nightly hor d'oeuvres? happy hour when drinks are half price? food choices? entertainment? we are three in a handicapped room. on E deck

Thanks again... enjoy your cruise-- sounds like a great itinerary and ship...Elise

hello and thanks for your very descriptive vacation on Island Princess. We are considering the SA 60 day cruise next January on the Island P. Can you please let us know your thoughts? The gym size and equipment? Do Platinum still have the nightly hor d'oeuvres? happy hour when drinks are half price? food choices? entertainment? we are three in a handicapped room. on E deck

Thanks again... enjoy your cruise-- sounds like a great itinerary and ship...Elise

If you are referring to the complimentary hor d'oeuvres at the PES (Platinum, Elite, Suite) Lounge, there is still one. Happy hour now is BOGO 1$ where you buy 1 drink at its retail price with the second one at $1.

Yes, you will get a card that lists the snacks served at the PES party. It was held from 5-7 and we could never attend as early traditional dining was at 5:15. They had the BOGO $1 twice a day in wheelhouse bar. 3-4 and 10-11. Must be very same drink - no exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... They had the BOGO $1 twice a day in wheelhouse bar. 3-4 and 10-11. Must be very same drink - no exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And by the end of the cruise, I went to meet people from our CC group there at 3pm, not realizing when we made our plans pre-cruise that this would be the happy hour location and time, and at 2:50, every seat in the place was gone and they were putting up folding chairs outside. If you are interested in this, go early.

I was on the same cruise as Gwen. I personally would not recommend the Island Princess and she was not even close to one of my favorite ships. If it had an itinerary that I really wanted and another ship did not sail that itinerary, I would cruise on her again, but otherwise, I would avoid her (The Island Princess).

To me, the gym felt quite cramped. This is where our muster station was, but I didn't grab any pictures. It is buried down on deck 6. They seemed to have a wide variety of equipment including a seated stepping machine that I have only seen in my physical therapy office. Although I had good intentions, I never made it to the gym during "business" hours, so I don't know how crowded it got.

The Panama Canal, itinerary, staff, and main theater entertainment were amazing. The food was very good, but that is so subjective. We are not foodies.

Hi Gwen! Nice review - thank you.

We will doing the Fort Lauderdale to LA one April 19th.

We are hosting a Slot Pull and want to meet beforehand in Explorers, if you have any of your Patters...could you tell me on Sea Days IF there were things scheduled in Explorers early afternoon (about 1:00 or 1:30)

Also, were there 4 Formal nights? and if so, which nights did they do those.

Thanks so much!

Hi Gwen! Nice review - thank you.

We will doing the Fort Lauderdale to LA one April 19th.

We are hosting a Slot Pull and want to meet beforehand in Explorers, if you have any of your Patters...could you tell me on Sea Days IF there were things scheduled in Explorers early afternoon (about 1:00 or 1:30)

Also, were there 4 Formal nights? and if so, which nights did they do those.

Thanks so much!

Reba, there are 3 Formal nights.

Too bad the $99 photo package offered in other ships is not being offered on the Island.

Enjoying your review.

The $99 photo package was only offered pre-cruise on the personalizer. We were sorry we didn't get it as we had some nice photos for a change. We just ordered one.